Apps on phone won't transfer SD card.

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
Hello everyone!

You might remember me from a few months earlier about memory issue with my phone. The Micro SD was the great solution but there is a problem. My apps nor anything seems to go on it except pictures and videos. I can't transfer any apps.I have changed the option from phone storage to SD Card. I have contacted my provider as suggested by many but they were kind of rude and didn't help me at all. All they said was that only some apps could be transfered and I explained to them that all of my apps were non transferable. They just repeated exactly what they said and provided no solution. I come here because I need help from you guys who probably have tons more information than they do. So I need help trying to transfer apps to the SD card since I have been living off 60MB all these months. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I'm trying not to limit myself to only rooting my phone. Thank you in advance! Anything helps and I really appreciate you taking your time to read this.

Phone: Alcatel One One Touch Pop Icon

Card: 32GB Micro SD Card​

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Some apps can't be transferred to the SD Card. What apps are you trying to move?

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
Some apps can't be transferred to the SD Card. What apps are you trying to move?

These apps are like Instagram, FB, Tumblr, iFunny and apps gotten from the Google Play Store.

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
What steps are you taking to try and move them?
  1. Go to settings.
  2. Go to Apps.
  3. Click on app that I want to move.
  4. Look for Move to SD card option without luck
I have tried all apps I've downloaded and the system apps without success.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok. I thought I remembered you knowing that much, but I figured I'd check.

There are apps available for download like Apps2SD or something like that that might help, but it's still going to depend on whether or not the apps you've downloaded were coded to be able to be moved to the SD card.

Remind me again, what version of Android does your device have?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was going to ask that. What version of Android?

OP
ItsQueen

ItsQueen

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Alcatel OneTouch
I was going to ask that. What version of Android?
Ok. I thought I remembered you knowing that much, but I figured I'd check.

There are apps available for download like Apps2SD or something like that that might help, but it's still going to depend on whether or not the apps you've downloaded were coded to be able to be moved to the SD card.

Remind me again, what version of Android does your device have?
I have version 4.4.2

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
These apps are like Instagram, FB, Tumblr, iFunny and apps gotten from the Google Play Store.
I don't think any of these apps listed allow being moved to SDCard. The Dev has to enable that feature. I'm booting up my old trusty Bionic to try them.

XavierBlack

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy §² Hercules
Sorry my friend but unfortunately the only way is for you to root your phone..that's why is called root..lol..also your version 4.0 and up doesn't allow those privileges..

poppy5

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s9
You could try some 3rd party files transfer program,it will plug your device into computer and enables you to transfer data through the program.