Apps not starting up?

djhuang

Reaction score
*FIXED*

Hey guys,

I've had Sapphire 1.1.1 (tank's compilation) installed for a couple weeks now and I completely love it. However, in the last few days, I realized that a select few apps would not even start up anymore even though they were working before.

For example, if I try to start up Slingplayer or Angry Birds, it goes black and pauses for a couple seconds as if it it's going to open and start the app, then it just returns back to the home screen. I've tried searching for solutions to this problem but I can't seem to figure it out. It almost feels as if my phone doesn't have enough memory to open the applications or something so it just closes the app before it can open (it's just an assumption, not saying that this is actually the case).

I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing these apps several times and it hasn't changed a thing. The problem still remains. This is a pretty frustrating thing since I paid $30 for slingplayer and I really want it to work...plus I really like how Sapphire runs and I dont want to mess around with installing other ROMs right now

Anybody run into this problem or have a solution? I'm not sure if the problem is related to Sapphire or not, but so far I've only had this problem while on Sapphire so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out! I removed "ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1" from the /system/build.prop , rebooted and it was working again!

Last edited:
Back