Apps mysteriously uninstalling

jstwondrng

Reaction score
I've never used the sd card for apps. You have 4gigs of open space on the phone for apps. Any reason you're using sd card?

I think we should have the option to use any available space for apps. I think it is ridiculous only using 4gbs of space when the phone has 32gbs (16gbs internal - give or take and a 16 gb external card).

I've only downloaded a handful of apps & I'm already receiving out if space messages.

My only gripe & my two cents :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same symptoms, but it's not all of the apps I've moved to "media" that are uninstalling. It's just some, and it seems pretty random.

I'm real new to Gingerbread; up until Friday I'd been using an OG Droid that was maxed out at 2.2.1. How do I tell my phone that I want to move apps to the actual SD card and not to "media"? I seem to remember being asked that question during the initial setup, but of course now I can't remember what to do to change this. Doh! Also, do I need to move all the apps back to phone before I make the change to SD or will the OS do the moving for me?

Thanks,

-Gary

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I've done some poking around. I see no problems with apps installed on the phone, only those on the SD card. Also, if I reboot the phone, some (but not all) apps that seemingly were uninstalled are mysteriously restored again. Strange.

Thats happened to me too .. rebooting seems to restore some apps.

LT*

Reaction score
This happens on my D3 for time to time. A reboot fixes things until it happens again. It's not usually the same apps that do it either, seems random.

blackngray70

Reaction score
This happened to me once too, Tapatalk uninstalled and had to redownload it.

jaydenrobins08

Reaction score
jstwondrng;[URL="tel:1731827" said:
1731827[/URL]]I think we should have the option to use any available space for apps. I think it is ridiculous only using 4gbs of space when the phone has 32gbs (16gbs internal - give or take and a 16 gb external card).

I've only downloaded a handful of apps & I'm already receiving out if space messages.

My only gripe & my two cents :)

I agree, and when I save the apps to the SD card it will start to delete them off the SD card and say com.app. blah blah blah and it won't let me open the app! I want to put all my apps that can be saved on the SD card on the SD card because I want as much memory free for the phone to be faster but I can't because it will delete them! Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I agree, and when I save the apps to the SD card it will start to delete them off the SD card and say com.app. blah blah blah and it won't let me open the app! I want to put all my apps that can be saved on the SD card on the SD card because I want as much memory free for the phone to be faster but I can't because it will delete them! Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Try downloading the app again, usually works.

wseyller

Reaction score
I don't move any apps. My xda premium app went missing so I reinstalled it. Also dowloaded a racing game about 50MB. It wrongly said not enough space left. Tried it again and it worked.

Looks like an update is needed for some bugs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brent.murray

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems with my stock Bionic.... Apps are mysteriously disappearing!??!! FRUSTRATING !!!! Unsure if they were the apps that I moved to the SD card.... Please anyone smarter than us got any ideas? :) Is this a glitch? Software update needed? Ideas? I LOVE my Bionic but this is silly....

Bionica

Reaction score
Had an app installed to the INTERNAL memory that, upon attempt to launch I received an error message that the application was no longer installed. This was in spite of the fact that both the icon was still present and all of the associated files in the internal memory. Had to manually delete these to clear up enough room to reinstall despite plenty of actual free space.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't move apps to the SD card - the internal phone space is more than enough for every app you will ever need. Move all your apps back to the phone and they will be fine. APPSToSD moves them to the wrong area - they will vanish.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Has happened to me twice today with the DroidForums app. Im not installing it to the SD card. Re-downloading fixes it. Reboot does not. Its gone from the app drawer, but the Icon I put on the home page is still there. Selecting it generates an error.

I wonder if it has something to do with the backup?

jx

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are two kinds of internal memory - Phone and Media. Media is called the SD card (which is a misnomer). Don't put anything but media in media. The SD-ext (external) card is technically where things should go but the phones file system is messed up.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Wonder if there is a section on Motorola's website or Verizon's where we can complain about disappearing apps from transferring them to the SD card?

brent.murray

Reaction score
Wonder if there is a section on Motorola's website or Verizon's where we can complain about disappearing apps from transferring them to the SD card?

I briefly checked it out... didn't see anything in particular.... But like I said.... it was brief. Good question/point though.... I hope this is addressed in an update, as this is a bit ridiculous.