Apps mysteriously uninstalling

dberthia

Reaction score
I've had multiple instances today of applications being mysteriously uninstalled. They'll work for a while, then they'll be missing from the app drawer. The common feature is that they were all installed to my SD card. Has anybody else seen this?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps Uninstalling

YES!

I've been dealing with the same problem. The only solution seems to move them all to the Phone's memory and not use the "media" card for anything but media.

I also have icons that don't properly show up. I've had to re-install several programs multiple times. I'm going to move them ALL to the phone to see if that solves the problem.

Also where is all the memory? When I tun the Motorola Media interface it shows I have 12.4G free out of 22.8GB. I should have 32G. Also I can't find that 10 missing gig anywhere!

OP
dberthia

dberthia

Reaction score
I've done some poking around. I see no problems with apps installed on the phone, only those on the SD card. Also, if I reboot the phone, some (but not all) apps that seemingly were uninstalled are mysteriously restored again. Strange.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I've never used the sd card for apps. You have 4gigs of open space on the phone for apps. Any reason you're using sd card?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is happening on the D3. Seems to be an issue.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is no real reason to have apps on the SD card. So I moved them all back.

However there is still the mystery of what's taking all my memory. On the SD 7 gig is Videos. Maybe a gig of music and pictures? And it says I'm out. Makes no sense.

Could be the Re-Ware Backup - I don't know how much that takes. (mybackuppro)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stupid thing was saving everything to internal - I copied to to the empty SD and changed the setting...

endobrian

Reaction score
There's 2 different places to stick stuff. 8GB of internal memory (media, don't install anything here, only load with media), and the SD which you can install anything you want. When you use it as a USB drive it will come up as 3 different drives.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I copy the media to the SD card and delete it from internal memory will it still work?

dedemike0421

Reaction score
I learned nothing guys, so do i save apps to sd card or what as my bionic keep saying low on memory cant install app.

stevo95

Reaction score
SAME PROBLEM!!! Stocks and where both uninstalled for no reason. I've left them on the internal rather than the externalc ard. I have a habit of installing what I can on the external card because the original droid had very limited app space.

colema

Reaction score
I don't see why one cant keep apps on the SD card. I rebooted and had two apps disappear from the SD card but not others I had installed there... odd.

on my original droid i kept apps on the SD card with no problems.