Apps installed from SD, not updating.

Flowah

Reaction score
Why don't apps installed from my SD update? It really sucks. Anyway to force it to or...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Installed from or to? If it's from then it's because there's no Market data that they're installed. If it's to then that's just odd and I'll need more information.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Apps installed from the market are "official".

Apps installed from the sd card, are not.

Therefore you would not get updates.

I do not know of any way to get updates for the other than installing a newer app from your sd card that you may have.

Yodahat

Reaction score
I think I have the same problem. It didn't occur to me that it was just the apps installed to the sd card. All of my apps are offical marketplace apps. Its just that most won't update. The updates seems to download but when it goes to install the updates the all fail. I've even tried unistalling some to reinstall them, but that's not working either. Besides, some of these apps i'd rather not unistall and lose my data. Any suggestions?

Yodahat

Reaction score
Just tried it. I've only tried a few updates, but they are still failing.

Yodahat

Reaction score
Stock. I want to root it eventually, but I haven't had the time to look in it yet.

Yodahat

Reaction score
Tried it after clearing and rebooting, still doesn't work. But it is something with apps saved on the sd card. I moved one of my apps back to the phone and it updated with no problem. But its going to get annoying to update all my apps like that. I do thank you for your help though.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That was my next suggestion, but I thought if we tried a few things first we might be able to avoid it. Guess not, though. Hopefully this will straighten out for you, though, with a market update when it finally rolls out.

ctedgeman

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread here, but it was the closest to my problem and I didn't want to make a whole new thread. I'm kind of having the opposite problem.

So I have an app that I originally downloaded from the market and I also backed it up on my SD card. I guess for most people this app stopped working with the froyo update, although it kept working perfectly fine for me. The dev finally puts out a froyo update a few weeks ago and I updated it, only to find a lot of functionality that made it worthwhile was gone.

I uninstalled and re-installed the old backed up version from my SD card, but now every time I go in the market it shows that I need an update for it. I thought that if I was installing from the SD card, the market wouldn't recognize it, but apparently I was wrong. Is there any way to remove that app from the market. I've accidentally hit 'update all' a couple times and it's getting a little annoying. Any help is appreciated.

ctedgeman

Reaction score
The old version of the app was backed up and re-installed using Astro. I thought the same thing which is why it's annoying that the update still shows up.