Apps disappearing from Droid Bionic

leewebb

Reaction score
Some of my applications seem to disappear (Not installed on my phone) Droid Bionic after being relocated to my media card. I can still see the widget on my app screen but I have to go back to Market and redownload the app. I didn't have this problem with my original Droid. Any ideas. Also is there an application to clean up the system as it look like I have multiple copies of apps when I view using startup manager under user.

TomSr

Reaction score
You are not alone. I have stopped moving apps to the SD card because of this. I think this is a known issue with the Bionic that will be fixed in the next update?

OP
L

leewebb

Reaction score
Thanks

I hope theye do if that is the case I will stop moving them to media

Lee

You are not alone. I have stopped moving apps to the SD card because of this. I think this is a known issue with the Bionic that will be fixed in the next update?

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
USB Conneciton?

This could be the problem, but I've noticed that all the apps that I have moved to the media area will disappear from my phone when connected via USB cord. This may not be the case for all apps or games, but when I reinstalled one of my games (not to the media area) I found that my progress was still there. This was on Contract Killer, and all of my work is still there, but other apps might not be so lucky. I think the best thing to do if you notice this when you connect your USB cable, is to change the setting of the "Manage USB" or whatever it is in the notification bar, and change it from whatever it is currently and move it to "Charge Only" and do not install apps to the media area until we get the next software update, expected to be within the next 15-45 days.