Apple trying to stop GS III from coming to US

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Wow that's sad... I hope Apple looses

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
Wow that's sad... I hope Apple looses

They will if they use Oracle's lawyers. Lol.

Is Motorola celebrating this? The SGS3 was the rival to their latest model.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That's going to be fun refunding all those pre orders.

It'll be so much better 2 generations from now when these judges actually have SOME knowledge regarding these issues. It would be less scary.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Actually, they don't charge your debit/credit card until they've shipped the device. Those of us that pre-ordered the GS3, will just be put on hold or have to cancel our order and order something else if we can't wait.

Personally I don't see this happening since they tried it with the HTC One X and that failed, although customs did hold up the device for a bit and that in itself would suck!

OP
WestOkid

WestOkid

Reaction score
That's going to be fun refunding all those pre orders.

It'll be so much better 2 generations from now when these judges actually have SOME knowledge regarding these issues. It would be less scary.

Agreed. Judges need more understanding. But all they do is interpret. I think the patent laws need to be revisited and updated. Today's tech is very different from yesterdays. People shouldn't be able to patent rectangle phones, telephone icons and silly things like that. It's like someone having a patent on the shape of doors and where the handle can be placed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Agreed. Judges need more understanding. But all they do is interpret. I think the patent laws need to be revisited and updated. Today's tech is very different from yesterdays. People shouldn't be able to patent rectangle phones, telephone icons and silly things like that. It's like someone having a patent on the shape of doors and where the handle can be placed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1
I think apple is just a bunch if angry old men who dont want people with better technology to be successful. Apple doesn't want their 15 minutes of fame to be over.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Since the iPhone 5 is supposed to utilize liquid metal, I think someone should argue that the liquid metal is the mental property(in any form) of the writer of T2 and they should make apple scrap the design, and start from scratch....:D

Lol, I know how it sounds..:confused: but seriously, they're gonna keep it up and really get someone ticked at them, then when they least expect it, they're going to get blindsided with a big lawsuit....

Idk why they do this... they're making themselves look childish, and actually helping to turn people away from IOS. I personally think its going to wind up being like a schoolyard bully. They'll throw their weight around, but sooner or later they're going to be the ones on the receiving end.

Hopefully the courts are getting tired of this, oracle might just be the tip of the spear.

Just my two cents :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

myersdtm

Reaction score
All eyes should be on Judge Koh

Actually, they don't charge your debit/credit card until they've shipped the device. Those of us that pre-ordered the GS3, will just be put on hold or have to cancel our order and order something else if we can't wait.

Personally I don't see this happening since they tried it with the HTC One X and that failed, although customs did hold up the device for a bit and that in itself would suck!

Anyone who has pre-ordered - as I have done - the GS III and is biting their nails and worried about Apple's absurd attempts at litigating the phone away (A Restraining Order, on a phone?!?) should keep their eyes on Judge Koh. She doesn't seem very well-disposed towards Apple's new specialty, frivolous litigation. But this one seems that it could be a close call to me.

Any attorneys out there with experience in this type of tactic, please feel free to weigh in.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Wow. I guess the phone is that good...

Sent from the God of phones.. Thunder... THUNDER... THUNDERBOLT!!