Apple Forces Amazon To Stop App Submissions In Germany

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Apple Forces Amazon To Stop App Submissions In Germany

Ever since Amazon launched the Amazon Appstore, Apple has been flinging lawsuits like it’s their job. And while they haven’t swayed the US judge to agree with them (and we don’t think they will), it appears there’s enough pressure in Germany that Amazon has stopped allowing developers to submit applications. While it is not clear when Amazon will allow them to submit apps again, Amazon has gone on the record expressing their distaste for this Apple lawsuit.
We have been forced to impose this restriction due to a legal action filed by Apple in Germany seeking to prevent us from using the term “appstore.” We believe Apple’s claim is without merit and are actively contesting it.
Apple’s new stance of suing everything that competes has officially bared fruits overseas. It will be interesting to see if other countries that Amazon sells in will follow with Germany’s decision or side with Amazon on this one. The good news for Amazon is that the United States version of Apple v Amazon won’t happen for another year or so. If the term “app” isn’t considered generic by then (since it somehow isn’t now) I’ll eat my sock.
[via pcmag]

Source: TalkANDROID

Reaction score
I'm in IT and the word app was around way before the iPhone. App is simply short for application, nothing more and nothing less so this whole thing is a big joke to me. Maybe the guys on "Pawn Stars" can start suing all the local shops that call themselves "Pawn Shop" since no one used the word Pawn in the past.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
again... stalemate rather than innovate. so tired of Apple lawsuits...

What next?....