Apple to launch Verizon iPhone in Q3 2010

medicTHREE

Reaction score
It's not news that Apple and Verizon have been trying to figure out how each could make money by working something out together. What I thought was interesting was the details of what the Verizon iPhone might look like. If you've just gotten a Droid and a 2 year contract, I would not like hearing that either. The other piece is the Verizon "special" ETF for the Droid and some of their other high end smart phones. That's what stopped me from ordering a Droid more than the off chance that iPhones will be coming in 3Q 2010.
for advanced phones such as the Droid and similar smartphones, the Early Termination Fee will begin at $350 and decrease by $10 per month per line, starting November 15.

Why did that stop you from ordering. It STARTS the 15th. Your contract signed prior to that is not effected.

lauriep

Reaction score
And doesn't that only apply to LEAVING Verizon? If you just want to upgrade to a different phone, and are willing to pay whatever that phone will cost you, the ETF doesn't apply anyway, correct?

namelessNN

Reaction score
my brother has an iphone. i've used it. i prefer the look and feel of my droid over his iphone. don't even get me started on how much better the 3g is on verizon.

Adlerson

Reaction score
Until yesterday I was an iPhone owner myself, and I used to frequent AppleInsider all the time. I have to say I'm happy to be rid of both; The iPhone because of Apple's 'we know how you want to use your own device better than you do' attitude, and AppleInsider because of the horde of brainwashed fan-boys. It doesn't matter what Apple does, Apple can do NO wrong in the eyes of 99% of the crowd over there. So to hear (another) 'rumor' like this from AppleInsider strikes me more as an attempt to make the fence-sitters sit there a little longer, rather than running to buy the Droid.