Apple Successfully Blocks Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Sales in Australia

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apple_Vs_samsung-lightsaber-dual.png

Apple scored a victory in their ongoing legal tirade against Samsung. A court in Sydney, Australia ruled in favor of Apple regarding the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The device has now been blocked from advertising and sales within Australia until the courts decide the full patent infringement case. Here's a quote from the Bloomberg article,
Samsung, based in Suwon, South Korea, agreed to stop advertising the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia and not to sell the device until it wins court approval or the lawsuit is resolved, according to an accord reached by lawyers during a break in the hearing. Should Apple lose its patent infringement lawsuit, it agreed to pay Samsung damages, which weren’t specified.
Interestingly, Apple's Australian claim is based on a U.S. version of the Galaxy tablet, which is different from the one that will be sold in Australia, according to Samsung’s lawyer Neil Murray. Samsung will provide Apple three samples of the Australian version of the computer tablet at least seven days before it planned to start distributing it.

There's no telling when, or if, this will affect any of Apple's other international cases against Samsung, but it may have repercussions. Ultimately, however, the final court ruling regarding the similarities and the 10 alleged patent infringements is really what matters the most in the long run. Then again, perhaps Apple has achieved what it really set out to do. Perhaps Apple's real intentions were never really to "win" the court cases in the first place, and all they really wanted to do is hamper or slow down the momentum of their competitors. It'll be interesting to see as the drama continues to unfold.

Source: GalaxyTabForums.net and Android.net via Bloomberg
Picture Source: mofonu.com

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... why innovate when you can stalemate? way to go Apple...

sranger

Reaction score
Although I do not agree with these "Look and Feel" patents, this is going to really hurt the Android markets if it is allowed to continue...

Google need to sue over the notifications "Look and Feel" that Apple has copied from Android for their IOS 5....

I'll bet that they are blocked here in the US soon now that there is an international precedent...

UNC

Reaction score
If Samsung infringed Apple's patents and copyrights than this is good news.

If you can't innovate, just steal Apple's technologies and designs.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1...the courts ruled on this, not Steve Jobs or Apple. Clearly Samsung infringed or it's pretty clear that there is evidence they infringed.

Immolate

Reaction score
It is my wish that Apple get what it deserves from all of these lawsuits. Feel free to interpret as you will.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

+1...the courts ruled on this, not Steve Jobs or Apple. Clearly Samsung infringed or it's pretty clear that there is evidence they infringed.

there is no ruling yet, it's all pending a court's decision.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
had no idea kangaroos could use tablets

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
had no idea kangaroos could use tablets

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;01NHcTM5IA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4]‪Is That a Knife‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Exactly...

After reading more about it...its not as bad as it seems ...yet.

All I can is may the best lawyers win...lol

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ashamed to be a part of the android community after reading this...disgusting

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh the op seems to indicate there was an injunction of some sort by the courts...it's not like samsung just volunteered to stop sales unless I'm understanding it wrong...