Apple Pushes Harder; Seeks to Add Galaxy Note 10.1 & Jelly Bean to Infringment Claim

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nuclear-Mushroom-Cloud-1.jpg

Apple is not backing down from their legal onslaught against Samsung. In fact, a new report from Reuters today reveals that Apple is actually pushing harder. They are seeking to add the Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet and Android 4.1/Jelly Bean itself to their list of infringing patents lawsuit against Samsung. Today, in a San Jose Federal court, Apple made their argument to U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul S. Grewal.

This move by Apple is likely a knee-jerk reaction to Samsung filing patent infringement claims against the iPhone 5 at the beginning of October. No ruling has been made on either motion yet, but here are some details outlining where and when things are headed for the final showdown:

The case in which Apple added the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Jelly Bean operating system is scheduled for trial in 2014.

Apple already has won a preliminary order from Koh blocking U.S. sales of Samsung’s Nexus smartphone. In August, Apple added the Galaxy S III smartphone to its list of products that it says infringe its patents.

In the previous patent lawsuit between the two companies that went to trial in July, the jury found that Suwon, South Korea-based Samsung infringed six of seven Apple patents at stake.

Koh has scheduled December hearings in that case to consider Apple’s request for a permanent U.S. sales ban on eight Samsung smartphone models and the Tab 10.1. She will also consider Samsung’s bid to get the August verdict thrown out based on claims of juror misconduct.

Just. Wow. 2014! This whole thing is going to go the long-haul. I guess we better hunker down for a long and protracted proxy war in the courts. The tech world's global "thermonuclear" war has only just begun apparently... :(

Source: Bloomberg

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm completely disgusted and I might even stop buying apple products to turn for profit. I'm tired of apple and their BS... just die already.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
most of the "banned devices" would be extremely outdated in 2014, meaning apple would spend many more dollars adding future devices into their claim.

Kboss375

Reaction score
What in the world? 2014? We will be on Android 6.1 and they will still be on ios 1.6

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
apple = sore loser

I'm as sick of this as everyone else is. And suing Samsung over...Android? Let me go sue GM because of a Ford pickup truck... :blink:

Wish someone would put those sore losers in their place, in the courts, basically saying "no more" to the patent claims.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is Apple trying very slyly to go after Google? JB is Google's thing, not Samsung's....

In all honestly....when Honeycomb was released...I'm surprised Apple didn't go after it. Anyone ever look at the settings areas for iOS and Honeycomb, ICS? That on/off slider.....

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Reading up more on this latest waste of the legal system....seems like Apple is trying to sue because of....wait for it.....

Wait for it....

the Stylus. Seriously....the stylus...

Apple Says Samsung

so because the gnote 10.1 has a stylus, that makes it cooler than the ipad... I think apple is jealous.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Just because we don't understand this, doesn't mean there isn't a strategy behind it. Apple seems to spend a great deal of time contemplating future trends and trying to out wit the competition through vague patents and the like. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple is just trying to get a judgment in their favor so it can be used as a stepping stone for future use.

And... The Apple lawyers probably don't care if it works or not. As long as Apple keeps paying them to dream up stuff like this the lawyers will keep telling Apple it's smart to do so. Could it be smart lawyers creating job security by playing to Apples hatred for all things android? "Oh, you really need us to sue them on this, we can crush them! Kill Kill Kill!"