Apple Just Opened Fire On Samsung Again with New Lawsuits Against SGS2 & 9 More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apple-samsung-pic-new-lawsuit.jpg

Just when it started to look like Apple was on a losing streak and their lawsuits were starting to die down, now they have fired another "salvo" in court at Samsung. This time they are claiming "patent infringement" (what else) against the Samsung Galaxy SII, the Galaxy S Plus and eight other handsets. This new volley was filed in Dusseldorf Regional Court which was the same place that Apple targeted (and failed against) the Galaxy Tab 10.1N.

It really seems almost irrational to see them harangue Samsung this way. At what point will enough be enough for Apple? We will keep you apprised as more details emerge.

Source: Engadget

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now they are coming across as petty and desperate. Probably a little more the latter than the former.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did Apple patent the black background and dockbar too? Damn...they are so innovative. :p

In all seriousness though, I'd like to know exactly what patents they are claiming have been infringed. I will admit that several of the icons look nearly identical (but how differnet can you make a phone icon really?)

gunit34328

Reaction score
if only google took apple to court for their "notifications center." now that would put apple in their place!

skyshadow

Reaction score
I guess because motorola beat one of their lawsuits in court they want to pick on another manufacturer. I truly hate apple. They make good quality products but their business practices suck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
We should open up a separate news section called Apple vs Android patent suits. That News section would keep a writer busy. Dgstorm would be working 150 hour weeks so maybe that's a bad idea....

Sent from Droid RAZR