Apple devs steal Android Flash

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
I can't believe those bstrds would steal our flash, even when they weren't supposede to get it for a while.

bje1982

Reaction score

bje1982

Reaction score
I can't believe those bstrds would steal our flash, even when they weren't supposede to get it for a while.

There not supposed to get it p?eriod from what I understand. They should make things easier amd get a droid and wait for the 2.2 update.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I can see Apple pushing an update to disable it.....That would be classic.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Apple is used to be the being the best and when someone comes along is stealing their thunder they will stop at nothing to take things to make themselves look better. Even though i love my iMAC, i am not too fond of the iphone anymore..thats why im switching to droid..woot.

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
Yea idk if thewy are supposed to get it at all, but they could get a droid and root it and have flash player now ...like me...lol

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see Apple pushing an update to disable it.....That would be classic.

Honestly I think that will more then likely happen. Jobs can't take this on the chin! Its kinda like he's on an episode of punked.

bje1982

Reaction score
good job dev.....I like it when the dev comunity ports things even if it is for the iphone. And if they can ports stuff from us, that mean we should be able to port stuff from them. Who wouldnt want to see bugless beast with the option to edit movies, listen to itunes, and maybe even so of the good iphone apps.

Good point actually but in the end id rather have a droid with iphone apps than an iphone with droid apps anyday.. iphone was great til I discovered andrloid. That was pretty impressive that they actually got flash to work tho..

bje1982

Reaction score
They got it to work on the 3gs...Adobe put it on there to prove it will work after steve jobs was talking noise about it. Though he has a point that flash slows down the web loading process. You can have an app or set it up for ondemand viewing, like with the droid. If I am going to nfl.com I have no problem waiting an extra few seconds for the content to load up. But for other sites I may not care to have all the geico ads slowing me down.

Sorry havnt been paying mind to the iphone lately. If they made android and iphone apps cross platform that would be cool tho.

Edit: I have my ads blocked it seems to make things faster..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They got it to work on the 3gs...Adobe put it on there to prove it will work after steve jobs was talking noise about it. Though he has a point that flash slows down the web loading process. You can have an app or set it up for ondemand viewing, like with the droid. If I am going to nfl.com I have no problem waiting an extra few seconds for the content to load up. But for other sites I may not care to have all the geico ads slowing me down.

Sorry havnt been paying mind to the iphone lately. If they made android and iphone apps cross platform that would be cool tho.

Edit: I have my ads blocked it seems to make things faster..

I am a former iphone user. My dad has my iphone after i ditched att and went to the droid. My brother is the iphone guru but he is jailbroken. Heck I would not have thought about rooting if him and some other iphone nut (what I call fanboys) had not convince me that jailbreaking phones is worth it. And once I rooted.......thats when the fun started dancedroid.

I want to take the time to thank all those who made rooting easier:

Sholesmod/Droidmod: they started the one button push to load.
BigLou: his root your droid site was informative
Koush: though I prefer SPrecovery, still the RM is a good idea...wish we could get a sprecovery based RM, for those who just want to use sprecovery.
Droidforums: man this site is full of patient people. I learned from you to teach and help others.

Rooting is not an end all solution and there are risks. Rooting is not for everyone, but it is for me. I like the things I can do with my rooted device. Yeah at times I had to endure battery pulls, bootloops, even had to use rsdlite. But its all worth it in the end.:motdroidvert:

cb3FSU

Reaction score

Every custom ROM Ive been running has either automatically disabled ads or given me the option to disable them, so I havent experienced it as a problem.

In fact the only thing I have experienced is being able to watch videos as I would on a computer, instead of seeing a black box with a DOWNLOAD FLASH 10.1 link in the middle.

Apple's resistance to Flash is nothing but another attempt to impose their will on the entire smartphone industry.

Until about 8 months ago they were in complete control and in great position to tell Adobe to get lost. They were going to use their market share to inject a version of quicktime that everyone would have to adopt in favor of Flash if they wanted videos to play on mobile devices.

Then Android came along and in a little over half a year kicked their plans in the bolce.

Apple really has to be kicking themselves for choosing the initially better deal with AT&T than figuring something out with Verizon.

If we are in year 4 of an iPhone/Verizon partnership I don't know if Android ever even comes to exist. I know Id probably have had the last 2 iPhoneS and would be anticipating getting the new one if I didnt have it already.

Their greed and thirst for totalitarian control screwed them. They could have what they want right now. Everyone would have iPhones, the 160k Android devices being activated every day would be iPhones.

And we'd all be happy because we wouldnt know any better.

But now Android has come along and is using Verizon to deliver a fresh, opposite perspective to not only the biggest network of mobile users in the US, but the ones with the best coverage by far.

Poor Apple. They had such big plans.

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score

They were actually able to get Flash working on all of the 3.x iOSs. iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.