App2SD...are we able to (safely) move apps to the SD card yet?

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Been trying to figure out whether it's safe to use App2SD to move apps to the SD card yet. When the Bionic first came out, this caused some apps to go somewhere never to be found. Would like to move the apps.

Thanks.

dkend99

Reaction score
After the .893 update I was able to move all my apps with apps2sd and I haven't experienced a single issue yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I remember back when 5.5.893 or. 894 came out that peeps were saying that under app manager, Move to Media Area was changed to Move to SD finally. I didn't find that when I took the time to one click back from the oddball 5.7.893 so looks like it's a no go unless a custom rom dev figured something out.

Love my phone now that it's rooted but I can't stand a few of the oddities it has like this.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Missed that reply regarding App2SD while typing mine lol. Guess I'll have to try it

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I remember back when 5.5.893 or. 894 came out that peeps were saying that under app manager, Move to Media Area was changed to Move to SD finally. I didn't find that when I took the time to one click back from the oddball 5.7.893 so looks like it's a no go unless a custom rom dev figured something out.

Love my phone now that it's rooted but I can't stand a few of the oddities it has like this.

So, are you saying it's still a problem? I've got .893 currently.

I agree, this is one of those oddball things which makes no sense as to why they made the change which caused this. It's also quite annoying.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Looks like previous poster says it works. I still have alot of space left on my internal storage despite my best efforts to fill it up but would like the option to move.