App Widgets and Icons are misbehaving

Nyobie

Reaction score
I noticed a few days ago, that the 3 stock widgets I've been using were suddenly re-arranging themselves. I figured, it must be something to do with how they load at start-up. Figuring that this isn't really a problem, I let the phone decide which stock to place in each widget. I only had 3 on my list of choices, so the phone was selecting each of the three, but displaying the stock updates within the individual 1x2 widgets in random positions among the 3 I had viewable on my device.

So a few days after noticing this odd behavior, the next issue I noticed with the same 3 stock widgets were that all 3 of them showed the Dow Jones update. All 3 of them? What I did next was check the list of stocks I thought I had set up and yes, they were still there. What's going on? Well, I wasn't feeling too curious and figured I'd get to digging on this one this weekend only to notice today (and all day), the stock symbols are exactly where I wanted them and they were the 3 individual tickers I've been tracking. Now it appears nothing is wrong.

Ok, so the stock ticker issue disappeared on me - that's fine by me as long as the problem stays solved! (Yeah right...)

Now as I got home from work today, I went to check on forum updates using the DroidForum app and both the forum app and the app next to it (to its left) were both the generic android symbol - the white background with the green android do-hickey. Now I'm mad. :mad:

I put both icons into the trash, then re-added them to the viewing screen and the app images are now back to what they should have been.

I think the OS is killing processes that should continue running but I know of no way to avoid this from happening. I've read on some threads, to be sure to place the app either on the SD or on the phone (can't recall which at the moment) but I've been downloading them to the default choice and they've been fine until this week. So I've gone about 8 weeks with no problems, then suddenly I started having problems.

The only thing I've done latelyl was update a couple of apps - IMDb, The Weather Channel, WeatherBug and YouTube and I'm beginning to think one of those apps is killing a process related to the other issues I'm seeing. I don't have any way of rolling back the versions on those apps so either I've got to delete them one at a time to see if it's one of the recent market updates I did, or if it's something else.

Ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

OP
Nyobie

Nyobie

Reaction score
None of my app icons misbehaved yesterday so I thought that maybe they re was an app issue with the latest app I had installed but have since removed. It was GO Launcher and GO Launcher EX. I removed both and the only issue I'm having now is that the icons for the Stocks (2x1 sized widget) is still randomly selecting from the list of 3. This morning, two are redundant - they display the same stock ticker. The third icon lists one of the other two and my 3rd stock ticker isn't even displaying.

Weird isn't it?