Stock Email will not update

goldbergsfg

Reaction score
Help save my marriage! :hail:

My wife's phone is the HTC Thunderbolt with latest Verizon software - and I'm her "IT" guy.

Her AOL and GMAIL accounts stopped updating about 2 weeks ago. These are both setup as IMAP accounts.
She took the phone to the Verizon store and they told her to reset to factory settings. Did so - no luck. They claim she needs a new phone.

I deleted both the AOL and GMAIL accounts from the phone, rebooted the device and re-established them.
Both accounts sync'd, but only to the date that emails stoped updating - about 2 weeks ago. So I k now they connected OK. I can also SEND an email from the phone using the stock client.

Just for kicks I added both accounts to my Blackberry just to make sure that AOL and GMAIL were syncing OK. The Blackberry updated them to the current minute. The Thunderbolt did not.

I added a third party email client (K-9) to the phone and it works fine. So does Mail.com.

This is my wife's phone and she prefers the stock client. Can anyone figure out t why the STOCK CLIENT will not update but 3rd party email clients work fine?

OP
G

goldbergsfg

Reaction score
Help save my marriage! :hail:

My wife's phone is the HTC Thunderbolt with latest Verizon software - and I'm her "IT" guy.

Her AOL and GMAIL accounts stopped updating about 2 weeks ago. These are both setup as IMAP accounts.
She took the phone to the Verizon store and they told her to reset to factory settings. Did so - no luck. They claim she needs a new phone.

I deleted both the AOL and GMAIL accounts from the phone, rebooted the device and re-established them.
Both accounts sync'd, but only to the date that emails stoped updating - about 2 weeks ago. So I k now they connected OK. I can also SEND an email from the phone using the stock client.

Just for kicks I added both accounts to my Blackberry just to make sure that AOL and GMAIL were syncing OK. The Blackberry updated them to the current minute. The Thunderbolt did not.

I added a third party email client (K-9) to the phone and it works fine. So does Mail.com.

This is my wife's phone and she prefers the stock client. Can anyone figure out t why the STOCK CLIENT will not update but 3rd party email clients work fine?

After 3-weeks it starting to work again. Did nothing to the phone or settings. Just started to work. I've read other reports of this happening.

erbish

Reaction score
After 3-weeks it starting to work again. Did nothing to the phone or settings. Just started to work. I've read other reports of this happening.

Mine started last week...hopefully I don't have to deal with it like this for another two.