App transfer to sd?

Stigy

Reaction score
As of right now there is no way to run the applications from the SD card. This is a feature of a rooted firmware OR the open source project Google is currently working it. But as of right now, with no custom firmware it cannot be done.

Although you CAN backup your applications to your SD card using Astro File Manager.

jwd45244

Reaction score
Official tethering is not available at this time. Verizon said they will have in early 2010

Stigy

Reaction score
Official tethering is not available at this time. Verizon said they will have in early 2010
And it will cost an extra $30/monthly for the tethering plan.

There are other options currently out there such as PDAnet which can be used to tether your Droid, but these are done at your own risk.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As of right now there is no way to run the applications from the SD card. This is a feature of a rooted firmware OR the open source project Google is currently working it. But as of right now, with no custom firmware it cannot be done.

Although you CAN backup your applications to your SD card using Astro File Manager.

Though one thing i've noticed about backup programs that backup apps, when you put them back on they do not show up under the app store downloads anymore. Happened to me, so i had to redownload them all so they would show up and let me see when to update them.

underbg

Reaction score
cant wait...

anyone know if PDAnet is available for MAC?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not there yet with either of these questions.. asked in other threads.

gtjokester

Reaction score
Also another thing to think about for when it gets rooted and we can run apps from sd is that the 16GB SD that it came with is only a class 2.. if you are going to run apps from SD its highly recommended to get a class 6 SD card.. The class 2 SD card is just too slow expect everything to run smoothly, I had a class 4 in my G1 and had to click on wait for app quite a bit, and it was noticably slower transfering my music to the card so a new SD card is right at the top of my list of things to get right along with a the car dock...

gtjokester

Reaction score

Though one thing i've noticed about backup programs that backup apps, when you put them back on they do not show up under the app store downloads anymore. Happened to me, so i had to redownload them all so they would show up and let me see when to update them.
That might not be too much of a problem anymore.. After getting my droid the first thing I did was download most of the programs I had on my G1.. Then after a few hours of playing around I did something and I couldn't make calls or send txt messages.. so I did a wipe to reset everything and after signing in a few min latter I got a message that my apps were reinstalled.. and sure enough they were all there.. I hadn't even opened the market yet..

underbg

Reaction score
Sweet!

Very helpful especially the tip about the type 6 SD card!

I was thinking of getting my 32GB card soon :)

Stigy

Reaction score

If you restore applications, you can use aTrackDog to track applications that are not tracked in the market anymore. It's a pretty quick way to see available updates without going into the Market:

aTrackDog v3.00 Application for Android | Tools