Transfer Pics to new phone

u7mg0

Reaction score
i want to upgrade the phone. however, i have lots of pics from the camera and on the SD card i want to transfer. i dont have a cable to hook phone to PC. is there such a thing? or is there an app that i can back up the pics, then reload back to new phone?

also, is there a way to delete all the pics before i trade in the phone?

thx

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You keep your old phone when you upgrade. Just swap the memory card to the new one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your AC charger cord that came with the phone is a USB cable that can be used to plug your phone into your PC too btw.

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
Your AC charger cord that came with the phone is a USB cable that can be used to plug your phone into your PC too btw.

Ahhh....sounds logical... if i plug it into the USB, what happens? i guess i need to download Astrid file manager. will that take care of it?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you plug your phone into your PC, it will know. Usually the first thing the PC will do is pop up a window with the option to view your photos (when SD is unmounted from the phone). Simply right click the photos you want to transfer and select save.
Why are you having to trade your phone in is my biggest question...??
Astro is just a file manager and isn't what you need to do what you're trying to do.

Ahhh....sounds logical... if i plug it into the USB, what happens? i guess i need to download Astrid file manager. will that take care of it?

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
Great....thanks for the info

i dont use the physical keyboard and the phone is a bit heavy. i like it, but dont love it. thinking about the Fascinate - or maybe will wait for a 4g phone.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem, that's what this community is for! Truthfully, if it were me, I'd just put the SD card from your phone into the Fascinate...unless you are asked to reformat the card (will wipe it clean), then I'd back the pics/content up to a PC.
I never use my physical keyboard either and have gotten used to the weight. I liked my phone before I rooted it...now, I LOVE it and have 0 plans to upgrade anytime soon! :dancedroid:

Great....thanks for the info

i dont use the physical keyboard and the phone is a bit heavy. i like it, but dont love it. thinking about the Fascinate - or maybe will wait for a 4g phone.

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
i transferred the pictures to my computer. however, some pictures appear 3 or 4 times as they are in several galleries on the phone. i dont know why.

But, the videos on the phone did not tranfer. are they able to? if so, how? what format are they in and can i view them on the pc?
thanks