App to show clock while charging?

TheCleaner

Reaction score
UPDATE: I found that "Alarm Clock Plus" in the market works great for this...just install, go into the settings, and choose itself to run after plugging in.

I can launch the "desk clock" app manually, but is there a way to just show the desk clock or similar automatically when the usb cable is plugged in?

I saw a few apps like "bedside" and "tasker", but both are paid apps and the ICS reviews seem to state that neither work right.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If not I could write it for you in ten seconds ha wouldn't mind either let me get home and check if there's a charging receiver and I'll write it for you free

Just at dinner now so give me an hour or two

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
You rock man. I'm sure there are others that would love the app. It's odd that there isn't a setting in the clock apk for it. It works great if you manually launch it and you can change the brightness with a simple swipe but it won't auto launch.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Actually I know there's a charging receiver set cpu uses it so give me an hour or two and I'll write you one in ten seconds

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea no problem that's really simple to do so won't mind doing that at all

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
OK thank you. I was hoping for something like "dockrunner" but apparently nothing exists yet. I would figure that they'd have to have something in ICS to support the future docks for the Nexus but can't find any 3rd party apps.

Thanks again.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem have it for you tonight

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What should we call it?

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
LOL, it's your app. I'd even pay 99 cents for it if it worked well and was in the Market.

Here's what I was hoping for (sequence of events):

1. Plug in charger
2. After a few seconds instead of standby phone goes to "Desk Clock"
3. Can still get to desktop (like the normal use of Desk Clock functions)
4. Unplugging from charger goes to home screen
5. Can force phone to "standby" by pressing power button

Basically an app that works identical to the OG Droid multimedia dock or "dockrunner" app.

I'm guessing the only access it would need is to know when a phone call or text is incoming, but you'd know better than I would. Shouldn't need data access I would presume.

Something logical = ChargeClock or maybe "Nexus Dock"

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nah it'll be free and was just gonna do this write an app with a receiver to listen for charging then when the listener is tripped send an intent to launch the desk clock app

If there's a receiver for unplugging the charger which um sure there is I can have it launch the home screen

App wouldn't even have an icon in the drawer

That good? Just left dinner on my way home

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Works for me. But it would be nice to at least have an enable/disable option...but i wont be picky for free...lol.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Enable disable is easy enough if you want just not gonna be doing a whole ui and all just got home so i'll have it for you soon. But doing an enable disable option means i'll need to have an icon in the app drawer which is no problem.

captdroid

Reaction score
I can launch the "desk clock" app manually, but is there a way to just show the desk clock or similar automatically when the usb cable is plugged in?

I saw a few apps like "bedside" and "tasker", but both are paid apps and the ICS reviews seem to state that neither work right.

Any help is appreciated.

'Plug in Launcher' in the market seems to work. You can assign an app to either USB or Power and other options. Also has disable button.

I assigned the clock app to the power option in Plug in Launcher and it worked fine launching the 'deskclock' after plugging in the power.

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Whats the package on your deskclock? com.android.deskclock? just a guess :) i have an htc device and my d1 isn't with me so i can't check it really

captdroid

Reaction score
Whats the package on your deskclock? com.android.deskclock? just a guess :) i have an htc device and my d1 isn't with me so i can't check it really

com.google.android.deskclock on stock 4.02 ICS