app to remotely access PC?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
ok, so i can copy, delete, move files? and i can open docs to read info? sorry, you say its just like using my PC, but how does that work? does my PC provide all the hardware, software, etc while the droid is simply a remote access (meaning that it doesnt need the droid RAM to run programs nor does it need my PC programs)? like can i open handbrake, or dreamweaver, or photoshop via my droid? and this all can be done over VZW network? if its just a wifi/blutooth app, then i dont want that. i need something where i can access my computer while im miles away from it? and if i paid for beta, would i get the official release free or at least cheaper?

Reaction score
Count one more vote for PhoneMyPC.

Oh, wait... that's a biased vote ;-)

@Big Ry,
PhoneMyPC has several other convenience features, but it's core functionality does three things:
1) Shows the contents of your PC's monitor(s) on your phone's screen, with pan and zoom to help manage the smaller screen
2) Lets you control your mouse with your phone's touch screen
3) Lets you type on the PC with your phone's keyboard(s) (plus a few extra options for buttons that aren't supported on the phone)

Sound is not supported, but we are working on it.

File-management is not available, but it is in the list. Of course, since you can access your PC, you can open any document on your PC and see it on the phone. But, we want to eventually add a remote file manager so you can grab and easily put files to and from your phone.

Oh, and yes, it's still in Beta. Remote login is not done, we have a few errors to resolve (when the network is down or too slow, you'll get a Force Close rather than a polity "Retry" option), and a few other things.

Reaction score
+1 for phonemypc

And yes, you can even open photoshop.

Being a senior in high school phonemypc offers a lot of comedic relief throughout the day. I just log into a computer in one of the computer labs and when there's a class in there I just open up photoshop and start drawing on it from elsewhere in the building. quite the good time, and my friend in the class was able to draw on the canvas and i was able to see that as well. =]

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1 for phonemypc

Being a senior in high school phonemypc offers a lot of comedic relief throughout the day. I just log into a computer in one of the computer labs and when there's a class in there I just open up photoshop and start drawing on it from elsewhere in the building. quite the good time, and my friend in the class was able to draw on the canvas and i was able to see that as well. =]
Where was this when I was in high school? :icon_ devil:

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
+1 for phonemypc

Where was this when I was in high school? :icon_ devil:
i dont know about you, but when i was in high school, the "cool" thing on cell phones was multi-colored flashing antennas and "snake" lol

to the developer:
one last thing. your description kind of made it sound like its simply a wireless mouse/keyboard. can you actually open stuff via the droid, or does it have to be applications/docs/etc that were ALREADY opened on the PC before you hooked up the droid?

Reaction score
@Big Ry,

You can use your pc, using your phone as a small monitor, your touch-screen as a control pad, and your keyboard as a keyboard. It is real-time, although of course it's not as fast as the real thing because the screen data is passed over the network.

Common uses are:
1) Doing email at home
2) Watching video on the phone (as it plays on the PC), though we do not support sound yet (coming!)
3) Watching security or web cams on the PC
4) Playing games (poker, and many others)
5) Monitoring your kids while they are online
6) Providing real-time support for family, friends, clients or coworkers

When I was in High School, cell phones didn't exist, 8-bit Tandy PC's were the latest-and-greatest, the internet didn't exist, and the original Atari was a great way to spend a Friday night :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Big Ry isn't getting it!! I wish I could just show him! lol

It's like you're sitting in front of your computer at home, except, you don't have to be sitting in front of your computer at home.....get it?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Big Ry isn't getting it!! I wish I could just show him! lol

It's like you're sitting in front of your computer at home, except, you don't have to be sitting in front of your computer at home.....get it?
well, it wasnt really explicitly stated before. im just making sure, so i dont waste my money.

thanx to all for replying.

softwareforme.com, what will the official release cost? and will beta owners get a discount at least?

Reaction score
@ Big Ry,

You can't waste your money. Not only does the Android Market give you 24 hours to return any purchase; we will also give a refund to anybody who decides the product isn't for them, at least several days after purchase.

So, feel free to give it a try!

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well I downloaded it but I'm at work so o can't set it up on my PC lol

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Ok I just installed all this tonight and its great. The only issue Im having is how can I control multiple profiles as long as Im an administrator? All my kids have their own profile, how do I view them?? Windows 7 is what I have.

Seems to work with multiple profiles in Vista but not Win 7

Reaction score
Hello bamfsig45,

When you run the installer, it asks if you would like the program installed for "Everyone" (default) or "Just Me." If you choose Everyone, it should run and make the PC accessible to you no matter who is logged in.

If this is what you did, but it's not working, please email us details (OS type, etc) and we will get it fixed, and email you about how to get it working now.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont know about you, but when i was in high school, the "cool" thing on cell phones was multi-colored flashing antennas and "snake" lol...

When I was in high school, only one kid knew what a cell phone was. His name was Marty McFly, as I recall.