app to remotely access PC?

Big Ry

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that will let me access any file on my PC/home network. I see a number of them that let you upload files to a site, then download them on the Droid. But I'm looking for one that can directly access my PCs hard drive that's connected to my wireless network while I'm away (I.e. when I'm working like right now LOL).

M

Matth3w

PhoneMyPC...you can't transfer the files though but you can do anything that you could do if you were sitting in front of the computer.

twmac

Reaction score
I tried out VNC but i couldnt get it to work.. using internal IPs or external

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
OK well if I can't transfer files, can I at least view pdfs docs pix etc?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK well if I can't transfer files, can I at least view pdfs docs pix etc?

You mean on PhoneMyPC??? What that app is, is it remotely connects to your computer and you use your Droid as your computer!! The screen of your Droid becomes your computer screen! But smaller and with multi-touch! It's perfect

solar

Reaction score
PhonemyPC is the best option out there right now. Its still in beta so there are missing features and some bugs, but its a good app for a beta and it will be a great app when its fully released. It works way better then VNC or any of the other ones i've tried. Its very easy to setup and has a lot of options for use, such as taking a screen shot, manipulating processes running on the PC, using the phone as a remote mouse and keyboard. Its cheaper now while in beta too. The price is supposed to go up after the beta period. They devs are really active in the forums and they respond very quickly to question and issues.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PhoneMyPC vote here too. Great app, and developers are both here on the forum and responsive to E-mail.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had no idea PhoneMyPC was in beta?? I would of never guessed it......that app is like the coolest most neatest thing I could ever whip out and show someone my Droid can do!!! You know what I'm saying? It's super useful and seems high priced for an app, BUT, well worth the money

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had no idea PhoneMyPC was in beta?? I would of never guessed it......that app is like the coolest most neatest thing I could ever whip out and show someone my Droid can do!!! You know what I'm saying? It's super useful and seems high priced for an app, BUT, well worth the money
Yea, $10 in comparison to other apps is a bit more... but well worth it. Plus like I said, you can get any issue you have resolved (or at least an answer to) from the developers.

zigzags559

Reaction score
I use Gmote. But of course you have to download the program for your PC as well for it to actually work. But once you have it, you can play music and movies or view pictures using your phone. It's just like a remote for your computer.

mrmark27

Reaction score
for watching movies from pc via phonemypc, do the movies need to be in the smaller format for droid or can you watch movies that are in higher res? im hoping to get my droid within the next week so trying to read up on what i can do with it.

rob15594

Reaction score
for watching movies from pc via phonemypc, do the movies need to be in the smaller format for droid or can you watch movies that are in higher res? im hoping to get my droid within the next week so trying to read up on what i can do with it.

phonemypc doesn't support sound at this point, but they are working on it. Its a great program. I use it at work all the time.