App to lock while on a call?

paperrhino

Reaction score
Screen Suite

My wife was having the cheek dialing problem. I looked at Screebl but it doesn't really do what we need it to. I started researching what it would take to write an app to solve the problem myself (I'm a programmer so it wouldn't take that much) and in the process I found Screen Suite on another forum. It is an iPhone screen lock clone but it has an option to lock the screen when a call connects. It seems to solve the problem pretty well so far.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Just bought this screen suite from market...tested it by calling voicemail and it seems like a good solution although may get annoying having to keep sliding the lock open to enter passwords and extension numbers .... not as annoying as muting and having people get frustrated and hang up thinking we list the call... Three Times in one conversation with my mother-in-law yikes !! Thanks so much for tip on screen suite... :)

paperrhino

Reaction score
App to lock screen while in call

My wife was having the cheek dialing problem. I looked at Screebl but it doesn't really do what we need it to. I started researching what it would take to write an app to solve the problem myself (I'm a programmer so it wouldn't take that much) and in the process I found Screen Suite on another forum. It is an iPhone screen
lock clone but it has an option to lock the screen when a call connects. It seems to solve the problem pretty well so far.

ljprevo

Reaction score
YES, that Scree Suite app works GREAT. Sick ad tired of hanging up on people. Was not sure if that was fixed i 2.1 or (which I have now), hope this app gives me the peace of mid so I don't hag up on clients any more.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
My wife was having the cheek dialing problem. I looked at Screebl but it doesn't really do what we need it to. I started researching what it would take to write an app to solve the problem myself (I'm a programmer so it wouldn't take that much) and in the process I found Screen Suite on another forum. It is an iPhone screen
lock clone but it has an option to lock the screen when a call connects. It seems to solve the problem pretty well so far.
:yr1::clap:

THANK YOU a million times for suggesting this app. I can't even express how much I appreciate this! I'm on my 4th Droid - VZW has/had no solutions other than sending me another one ... and as ridiculous as that seemed to me, they explained that it may be the only way to get Moto's attention on the matter!! So I am just SO thankful that you posted about this app ... and I'm spreading the word for the many others who have struggled with this issue.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

ljprevo

Reaction score
THANK YOU a million times for suggesting this app. I can't even express how much I appreciate this! I'm on my 4th Droid - VZW has/had no solutions other than sending me another one ... and as ridiculous as that seemed to me, they explained that it may be the only way to get Moto's attention on the matter!! So I am just SO thankful that you posted about this app ... and I'm spreading the word for the many others who have struggled with this issue.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

There is one issue. You can still hit the home button and drop the notification bar down. This is because google has made it mandatory that developers can not block or do anything with the home button, that way they can't brick or lock someone out of their phone.

Honestly I wish that that would not have done this and created some type of key combination on the keyboard to "escape" from a locked app.

gennis

Reaction score
Screen suite doesnt work at all. It locks the screen on a call if you set it but as soon as you pull the phone away from your face it unlocks and it wont relock when you put it back to your face so it is useless. Droid seems to do a better job as is than screen suite.

appsbeyond

Reaction score
QUESTION: Screen Suite unexpected unlock

Screen suite doesnt work at all. It locks the screen on a call if you set it but as soon as you pull the phone away from your face it unlocks and it wont relock when you put it back to your face so it is useless. Droid seems to do a better job as is than screen suite.

Received an email about this issue earlier and responded asking for more information.

Here is the email response:

Typically the Screen Suite lock screen remains enabled once locked only if the secure unlock pattern is not configured. If a secure unlock pattern is configured, the Screen Suite lock screen gets disabled when the screen turns off, and the secure lock pattern screen gets enabled. Do you have the pattern lock enabled on your phone? If not, can you please share more about what you are experiencing.

ljprevo

Reaction score
Whatever you did with the update, something changed. Before the update that came out it was working great, now it is unlocking.

appsbeyond

Reaction score
Thanks!

Whatever you did with the update, something changed. Before the update that came out it was working great, now it is unlocking.

Thank you ljprevo. Will look into the issue and fix ASAP.

ljprevo

Reaction score
No problem. I was on a call yesterday and my face started beeping the buttons. Lucky I was talking with my sister.

It happened several times.

gennis

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the pattern unlock on my phone. I will try it without. Thanks

nanasbabies

Reaction score
This app is WONDERFUL no more hang ups or mutes

I found an app that allows you to never mute or hang up on anyone again while on a call. It's $2.00 and WELL worth it.. I have no more hang up's or mute's again.. It's called screen suite in the market..