App to enable/disable GPS/Bluetooth with car dock??

Jer

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that will enable bluetooth & GPS whenever I put it in my car cradle and disable them once again when I remove it from the cradle. Does one exist yet? Free FTW!

BigMike

Reaction score
Damn, 8 months and no answer.

I'm looking for the same app for my Droid X

LT*

Reaction score
Try Custom Car Home in the Market, I know it will enable BT and turn off WiFi once started. I'm not sure on GPS though. I leave GPS on all the time, it uses no power unless an app is using it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tasker will do it but it's not free and has a bit of a learning curve. That said, it will do a lot of other things as well.

js0724

Reaction score
Tasker will do it but it's not free and has a bit of a learning curve. That said, it will do a lot of other things as well.

+1 for Tasker. Worth every penny and then some.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
I've been using Toggle Settings since shortly after this post. It works great and the only thing it doesn't do is enable GPS. After further research though I didn't much care because unless an app is asking for GPS it's disabled so all my needs are now met via Toggle Settings.

rjax

Reaction score
Setting Profiles (or Setting Profiles Lite if you don't want to pay) will also accomplish this (including GPS). The Lite version lets you set up one rule only -- so if all you want to do is make a profile that's activated in the car dock, it'll work just fine.

Reaction score
I just pulled the magnet out of my dock then I can select any thing I want when I place it in the dock.