App to call a person's voice mail directly?

jdrick

Reaction score
I thought I heard that iPhone has an app that when you put in a person's cell phone number, it will send you directly to the person's voice mail. Is there an app like that for the Droid?

Thanks! LOVE this site! Has really helped get my two week old Droid loaded with great apps!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see how an app could do this. There's no guarantee what voicemail system any number uses even if you know the carrier.

korp

Reaction score
I wonder if it just adds a # or something. I know there are things that when somebody calls YOU will send them to voicemail (google voice does this) but not sure about the other way.

jocko1960

Reaction score
Slydial dot com
Check out the website, its not an apparently but you can call Slydial enter the number you want to call and go directly to voicemail. Works on Verizon but not on alltel.

OP
J

jdrick

Reaction score
Just downloaded SlyDial.... got it to work... quite a long pause (dead silence) and then the voice mail for the caller began... a little quirky, but does what I was looking for.... THANKS!

OP
J

jdrick

Reaction score
Didn't look that far... don't intend to use it alot, so its not a big use if it is a charge