you mail problem

gauge

Reaction score
Finally I have the you mail app. However Im having a hard time setting it up. I had to go do it on the PC. When I call my voice mail it comes up with my old greeting when I call from another phone it say enter your 10 diget number.
I've searched the youmail forums and the help they give you did not help.
So I was woundering if n e one hear has had the problem And got it fixed.

cookiemomster

Reaction score
Hi. I have youmail on droid and love it so much I pay for it. The first thing you need to do is use the forwarding number from the web site rather than the app. Then go to the web site and set it up to send you text of voicemail. I want to suggest waiting twn minutes. It has been almost two months for me but I recall having to wait a bit for it to work. Try that and let me know.

cookiemomster

Reaction score
Get a Google Voice account - same thing but better and free.

I actually disagree. I have google voice. The transcription of the voicemails is terrible. You mail is very accurate. I thought I would go one month with you mail waiting for my google voice, but I wound up switching back to you mail until google voice advances a little bit.

OP
G

gauge

Reaction score
Cookie I have tried the number from the web site. I have not tried a text. Voicemail yet. I will try and let you know thanks.

Guru I would love to give it a try but that's invite only and I don't have a invite.

YouMail

Reaction score
Finally I have the you mail app. However Im having a hard time setting it up. I had to go do it on the PC. When I call my voice mail it comes up with my old greeting when I call from another phone it say enter your 10 diget number.
I've searched the youmail forums and the help they give you did not help.
So I was woundering if n e one hear has had the problem And got it fixed.
It's not totally clear what the issue is, but I suspect that
a) You didn't actually forward the number to YouMail correctly (which is why you're hearing the old greeting). This can be because of network problems, etc.. Just go online to MyAccount/MyPhones and follow the set up instructions.
b) You may not have created an account with the right phone number (which is why you're hearing the please enter a 10-digit number - YouMail can't take the incoming called number and match it to a mailbox).

The YouMail Team