app request... tone generator

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok what I'm looking for is. A decently powerful tone generator app that would be capable of generating tones from 5hz up. Including settings for sine, square, ect sweeps and the ability to save as mp3 format. The purpose of this app is for tuning and tweaking the soud systems for competition vehciles. Id like to be able to create a sine sweep or specific frequency on the go. Thank you and payment is a deffinate

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If no one steps up ask again once Google's app tool is out in the public's hands moreso than it is now. I don't know the specifics of what this is for but I guess just recording a bunch of sound files at the right frequencies isn't flexible enough? tuner-gstrings might tell you what sound you are listening to, but doesn't generate the sounds itself, I don't think.

Your best bet might be to take your idea, go here, then put it up on the market. vWorker.com: More capable, accountable and affordable. Guaranteed.

I remember reading where Google gave phones to any dev who had X number of stars and X number of downloads for their apps. Not sure if they will keep doing giveaways, but who knows.

sample project:
vWorker.com - Android app

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I take it Favorite Frequency wouldn't do everything you want. It generates tones, but I don;t think you can define the wave form.