Request for an idex type app for bussiness/services (Notary Public)

varxtis

Reaction score
Request for an index type app for bussiness/services (Notary Public)

I browsed the forums and looked for a place to throw this topic into, but didn’t find anything that was for people with new app ideas but without any dev skills. If this is in the wrong topic, please forgive me.

I would like to know if there is a dev out there that would collaborate with me on creating an extremely practical app that I would REALLY like to have, but cannot create on my own and have not found anything like it. My use for the app would be for keeping records of my Notary services, but the app would have great benefits and application for many business owners if the app was setup right. The app would be an index or rolodex of sorts, where each contact/lead is a profile. Again, for my interest it would cater to Notary Publics, allowing me to create a profile that includes (but not limited to):
- Company Information: name(s), address(es), phone number(s), fax(es), email(s), and web info.
- Agent information: any information pertaining to the agent handling the job.
- Client Information: customer/client/signer contact information. names of individuals to be present at signing with fields for additional contact information.
- Client ID information: ID type, issuing agency, ID No., and iss/exp date. Also there would need to be expandable options to include "No ID" options where the user would then 'tick' a box stating "1 credible witness - known" with same ID info fields, or 'tick' a box stating "2 credible witnesses = unknown" with same ID info fields for two people.
- Job information: Job number, Date and time of signing, type of document(s), type of notarial act(s), location and driving distance, time for signing, fee charged, and payment method. having the ability to give it a Google Calendar type lay out would be great where it interactive with google maps, allowing the user to pin the signing location, company office location, and/or client location onto google maps.
- Job Notes: allow for misc. notes to be added
- and images: allowing for some sort of profile image to be embedded or attached.
Primarily, each category of information (Company Info, Agent info, Client info, Job info, etc...) would be represented by a tab. The home tab for each profile would be labeled with an image (if possible) and/or key job description info (job number, company name, client name, and type of notarial act
Sorting functions would allow rolodex/index to be sorted by date of act, type of Notarial Act, Document type, client/signer name, company name, county, or city.
Share options would allow the user to send portions or an entire profile by email. The option to send/share only portions would be vital.

As a Notary Public has very private and sensitive information in his/her journal which (unless specially made) is not locked, i would not see the need to have a "lock" function on the app as the app would always be in the users possession. However, other than interacting with google maps and being able to email contents, it would be important that the app not have ANY random exchange of information to any servers or networks.
Backing up the information would also be crucial, allowing the user to save an index file with all the information, capable of saving it to backup source.

BUMP

Last edited:
OP
varxtis

varxtis

Reaction score
Okay, maybe I should ask this instead... Does anyone know of a good place to find developers anxious to work on new apps? Also, is the term "Dev" (developer) wrong? Should I be using programmer instead?

But anyway, please... I seriously would like some sort of index type app that meets my needs and I've been searching since November for one with no luck. PLEASE help me. I'm pretty much begging here people.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

valglbgl

Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea. Have you checked your state notary clerk to see if they have an app or developers. Dmv has an app in my state why couldn't other agencies

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
varxtis

varxtis

Reaction score
I actually hadn't thought that... its worth a check. I just can't believe there wouldnt be some sort of records keeping app that allows custom catagories or something.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums