App Killer-yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfink114

Reaction score
I've read articles saying that you should download an app killer since many apps run in the background and kill your battery. I've also read that you don't need one since android can maintain it's own apps. What is everyone's opinion, and if you are pro-app killer, which program do you use?

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
i say pass if you dont know what exactly to kill and pass if your a person that likes to kill all apps running. and my opinion is just pass on task killers in general and remember to use the back buttons when exiting apps. there are some rogue apps that dont like to close down fully when using the back button like some soundboards but i think the os handles that after a short amount of time. i dont use one and my battery life is fine and i dont experience much lag on my phone.

sephtin

Reaction score
I've read articles saying that you should download an app killer since many apps run in the background and kill your battery. I've also read that you don't need one since android can maintain it's own apps. What is everyone's opinion, and if you are pro-app killer, which program do you use?

Android is designed for mobile devices, it's not a desktop OS where you want memory to be free. One of the better write-ups regarding this question is here:
FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android (geekfor.me) - xda-developers

Bottom line:
If you prefer 1 touch app killing for unstable/stuck/locked up/misbehaving apps.. then a task killing app may be worth having on the phone. DO NOT set task killing apps to auto kill tasks, or you're likely to decrease your battery life.
1/2 full memory takes up just as much battery as full memory. Let Android do it's thing.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.