App Killer and Custom Ringtone

bernotpj

Reaction score
So I have about 10 custom ringtones set on my Incredible. They havent been working since the day that I got the phone and I have been looking everywhere to find out what I can do. Yesterday my phone accidentally got turned off and all of a sudden they were working .... temporarily. I figured out today that they only work after I turn off my phone and only until I use my app killer "Advanced Task Manager Free". Anyone know why this happens and what I can do? I need an app killer, right? If not, my battery goes REALLY fast. Why does the app killer kill my ringtones which arent triggered by a 3rd party app. Please help.

Hey, maybe this is my problem too. I also have ATK but I'm using stock incredible ringer.

Double check the things you are killing, maybe try one by one killing things off and seeing if the ringer works. When you find what kills the ringer, take it off of the kill list.

Thanks a ton !!! I stopped a couple system things from being killed and it worked perfectly. I appreciate your help !

and no you don't need a task killer.. android kills tasks it doesn't need to be using, I've found that task killers just mess stuff up anyway I accidentally killed the clock once with one of them, and my alarm didn't go off. But like I said they aren't necessary for android, lots of devs have said this and it's true..

Double check the things you are killing, maybe try one by one killing things off and seeing if the ringer works. When you find what kills the ringer, take it off of the kill list.

Dumb question but if the thing is checked does that mean it is killing it, or is it the other way around?

That's correct. Uncheck everything, then start killing them one by one and trying your ringtones in between. When it stops working, the last thing you killed is the problem.

I have always found it best not to use a Task Killer at all. Always have a good chance of killing something you arent supposed to kill.

Back