App keeps disappearing.

Mr.Badguy

Reaction score
One app in particular that I have keeps disappearing and I have to keep downloading and installing it. Its Drift Mania. Was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

mandragora

Reaction score
Could be APP2SD

One app in particular that I have keeps disappearing and I have to keep downloading and installing it. Its Drift Mania. Was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

Are you using APP2SD? I had a whole bunch of apps disappear and I had to reinstall them. I stopped using APP2SD and moved them by clicking the check marks on the media tab and now they are staying put.

When I looked at the media area I saw the raw names of the apps but if you click on them and say move to phone, it says they do not exist.

(It also lost app2sd so I did not reinstall it for now.)

ChristianB

Reaction score
Same problem but Apps are not really gone

The first time this happened I did reinstall the app. However, subsequently I have had three different apps on three different occasions "disappear" from my phone. Most recently, it was the Opera browser.

Each time this has happened I have rebooted the phone and the app is again visible and working. There was no need to reinstall, but there was a need to reboot the phone.

This has happened 4 times and I've owned the phone for three days. It has been a different app each time.

I do NOT have a task killer running.

I have noticed a few other bugs but this one is actually aggravating and more than just a nuisance.

One common denominator (I think) is that the apps that this has happened with have all been moved to the SD card, but I have no evidence that that fact has anything to do with the problem.

themuttt

Reaction score
Happened twice yesterday to me, once was about 15 apps (pure guess), then the 2nd time was 11 (actually counted). A couple of them were the same I believe and I did not try to move them to the SD card after the first re-install. Most seemed to be from Amazon for me and yes I do have App2SD installed on mine as well

GohanBurner

Reaction score
This forums to me with this Droid forums app. Probably more, I just don't notice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ChristianB

Reaction score
Keeps losing track of apps

I have rebooted my phone 4 times this morning and each time I do there is a different set of apps that are "missing". It is easy to tell by going to 'manage apps' from settings and the ones that are listed with they system name instead of the "friendly name" of the app are the ones that are missing.

I have seen anywhere from 4 to probably 10++ "missing" on each reboot. Some are repeats and some are first time'ers. In all cases these are apps that I had previously moved to the sdcard using the native app manager to move them.

I also noticed when I originally moved the apps to the SD card that the reported space they consumed was significantly less on the SD card than when it was installed on the phone. In some cases a 5MB app took up less than 2MB on the SD card, and when I moved it back to the phone it reported the 5MB again. Opera browser consumed a few MB on the SD Card but 20MB++ on the phone.

This is a serious and consistently repeatable bug. My guess is that the SD card is not mounting early enough in the bootup process, but who knows. Bottom line -- needs to be fixed PRONTO!

If anyone discovers a solution please post!!

On each reboot I have moved ANY apps on the SD card back onto the phone. One of the apps that was repeatedly missing was XFinity. When I moved it back to the phone, then after the next reboot all other apps that had been missing were now back again. I've moved them all to the phone and rebooted and they all continue to be available, i.e. no more missing apps.

I can't really say if the problem was being triggered by the XFinity app or not, or if it was just coincidence that after moving it back to the phone and rebooting no more apps were missing. It was a 12 MB app, but the Opera Browser was 20MB+ so I don't know if size matters.

Does anyone else reporting this problem have XFinity on their SD card -- or does NOT have XFinity installed at all?

I have rebooted multiple times now and no missing apps. This is DEFINITELY an "app on SD Card" issue.

mandragora

Reaction score
I have rebooted my phone 4 times this morning and each time I do there is a different set of apps that are "missing". It is easy to tell by going to 'manage apps' from settings and the ones that are listed with they system name instead of the "friendly name" of the app are the ones that are missing.

I have seen anywhere from 4 to probably 10++ "missing" on each reboot. Some are repeats and some are first time'ers. In all cases these are apps that I had previously moved to the sdcard using the native app manager to move them.

I also noticed when I originally moved the apps to the SD card that the reported space they consumed was significantly less on the SD card than when it was installed on the phone. In some cases a 5MB app took up less than 2MB on the SD card, and when I moved it back to the phone it reported the 5MB again. Opera browser consumed a few MB on the SD Card but 20MB++ on the phone.

This is a serious and consistently repeatable bug. My guess is that the SD card is not mounting early enough in the bootup process, but who knows. Bottom line -- needs to be fixed PRONTO!

If anyone discovers a solution please post!!

On each reboot I have moved ANY apps on the SD card back onto the phone. One of the apps that was repeatedly missing was XFinity. When I moved it back to the phone, then after the next reboot all other apps that had been missing were now back again. I've moved them all to the phone and rebooted and they all continue to be available, i.e. no more missing apps.

I can't really say if the problem was being triggered by the XFinity app or not, or if it was just coincidence that after moving it back to the phone and rebooting no more apps were missing. It was a 12 MB app, but the Opera Browser was 20MB+ so I don't know if size matters.

Does anyone else reporting this problem have XFinity on their SD card -- or does NOT have XFinity installed at all?

I have rebooted multiple times now and no missing apps. This is DEFINITELY an "app on SD Card" issue.

There are now multiple threads on this issue. Someone said they had reported it to Verizon so hopefully it will get addressed. For now, I have moved all of my apps out of the media area because I got tired of re-downloading them. 4GB space seems to be enough for now, but hopefully Verizon (or Motorola) will get this fixed before it is all used up.

themuttt

Reaction score
question for those with this problem, did you swap over the SD card from an older Droid? I know I did. I wonder if this is causing a problem, I know it didn't from the OG Droid to the X but who knows

ChristianB

Reaction score
question for those with this problem, did you swap over the SD card from an older Droid? I know I did. I wonder if this is causing a problem, I know it didn't from the OG Droid to the X but who knows

I used the SD card that came with the phone. My old SD is till in my old phone.

foamman

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Always after a reboot on apps I manually moved and ones installed after I turned on the install apps to sdcard option. Gotta say it's really annoying. Moved everything back to the phone for now.

dustinslee

Reaction score
Save apps to phone I think it has fixed my issue of this... so far anyway

Dougw133

Reaction score
Same here. Thought it was just the droidforums app but happens to more apparently now.
Love the phone but the longer I have it the more bugs start to show...

dAi

Reaction score
Its prolly moved to SD card, move it to the phone, had same problem but with a different app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums