App Idea.....???

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I have an idea for an app. There might even be one out there. I searched the market and this forum but couldn't find anything like it.

Scenario - The other day I was in a bookstore and and my phone started ringing. Mind you it isn't the library so it being loud isn't a HUGE deal but still, it seems pretty loud when everyone is looking at you and you're fumbling to get it out of your pocket. So I turning my ringer down a little. A short while after that I was at a hockey game and had 3 missed calls because I couldn't hear it and forgot to turn the ringer back up!

SO, I had an idea for and app (unless there is one out there already). When my bedside alarm clock goes off, it starts out REALLY quiet and progressively gets louder. It would be great if there was an app that would start the ringer quiets and progressively get to full volume.

I know what some might say......use locale! But the problem with that is that I have to put in what I want the ringer to be at every place I go to. Just doesn't work for me.

J. Dub

Reaction score
They don't have an app for lazy since you don't wanna use locale....

I'm kidding, have you tried foxy ring? foxy ring (sets ringer volume according to surrounding)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could just create a ringtone that goes from quiet to loud. Only problem is that you'd have to do that every time you wanted to change the ringtone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm kidding, have you tried foxy ring? foxy ring (sets ringer volume according to surrounding)

I know some users were reporting that FoxyRing set volume to max when in pocket.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score

Not lazy.....just forgetful. Forgot to put the ringer back on full volume.