Really Frustrated finding PROFILES App that works right.... :(

spydergirl

Reaction score
I posted this on the Pro forum, but realized that I might get more help on the APPS forum (duh!). :)

I am having a bear of a time finding a PROFILES app that does what I need it to do. I have un-installed Launcher Pro (in case that was the problem), uninstalled and reinstalled the various apps, to no avail.

My problem is that ALL of the profiles apps works GREAT except for one little thing..... I can't get my PHONE RINGER to actually RING when it is set on "Night" mode. My cell is my only form of contact and I need my ringer to be working even though all the other settings are turned "OFF."

I have tried setting all the Notifications, Media, etc. all the way DOWN, but making sure that the Ringer, Alarm, and System Volume is set all the way UP. But every time it is set in NIGHT mode, it WILL NOT RING !!! I've tried numerous Profiles apps and have the same problem with every one of them!

I've tried uninstalling all task managers and any other special apps that might be blocking the ringer from working in the NIGHT setting, but nothing works. Oh, everything ELSE works fine! My notifications for emails, texts, facebook, forums, etc. are SILENT. My alarm rings loud and clear in the morning. Everything works fine...... but no matter what I seem to do, my PHONE RINGER WILL NOT RING IN NIGHT MODE !! I've tested and tested and tested it in the night mode, but the whole PHONE is on silent and won't RING when a call comes through!! Grrrrr.... :(

I never had this problem with my Blackberry, which makes it so much more frustrating. All of my profiles worked perfectly on my BB and my phone calls actually rang and came through in the "Night Mode." What am I doing wrong on this stupid DROID ???!!! And I've tried MANY profiles apps out there.... uninstalling each one individually before adding a new one to make sure they don't "conflict" with each other. I just don't know what else to try?! Can ANYONE help me??!!

Thanks so much for listening to my exasperation. :(

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
The one for $6.49 in the market? I'm scared to pay so much for something and find out it doesn't work.

I'm worried that I have something set wrong on my phone because all the other profile apps I've tried work just fine EXCEPT for that one feature. Makes me think I need to change something on the phone?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
I FINALLY FOUND ONE THAT WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!! "Simple Sound Profile Widget" !!! MY PHONE ACTUALLY *RINGS* IN THE NIGHT PROFILE MODE!!! I'M SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk