Broken
  • Some settings

OP
albinoman

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This is the new thread for my Droid Incredible rom!

Krennel

Reaction score
So what is missing/modified from JB to make this all fit on the Incredible?

OP
albinoman

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So what is missing/modified from JB to make this all fit on the Incredible?

Nothing. This isn't like CM for the incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk HD

lordkrunch

Reaction score
Factory Settings

albinoman,

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Anyone,

Would installing this ROM remove the option of returning the phone to factory settings?
Would Verizon give the user a hard time for having this installed?
Could this phone be used with any MVNOs after the install?

lordkrunch

Ethereous

Reaction score
Just trying this out now.

A bit slow, but as to be expected with a 1ghz. Really like it so far. I'll post an update soon to see how it goes.

Gotta buy you a beer at some point.

s2kdave

Reaction score
I've been using this build for a few weeks now. I've been running into problems with the Download Manager when downloading from Google Play. Eventually it just stops downloading/working. At first you will see it freeze mid way through the download and never complete. Then eventually it never starts the download and has the indeterminate progress bar and never shows the bytes starting to download. I fixed this once by removing my Google Account and re-adding it. I've tried clearing cache/data on both Google Play and the Download Manager and even Google Play Services and nothing works except removing my Google account. But that only fixes it for like a week then it all starts over again. Any ideas?

BTW, I also see problems with the camera, sometimes the camera gets all interlaced and you can barely make out what you are looking at. The picture takes fine, but the camera display doesn't. I notice it usually gets garbled when rotating the screen.

I really like the JB rom (although the battery life is less than ICS), but not being able to download is pretty much a deal breaker and I might have to switch back to my ICS build if I can't figure out how to fix the download manager.

reaper450128

Reaction score
Just installed this today on my retired DINC. So far so good, does what I need it to, need to play with it more to determine anything else about it. The only two issues I am having right now are getting it to go into mass storage mode (it just sits there after I click OK until the screen auto locks, then its back to the previous prompt without going into mass storage mode) and every time I try to open "Storage" in settings it force closes. No other issues so far, other than making me feel weird for having a newer Android version on my retired phone than my current one (VZW Note 2). Will update if more issues arise, and will follow for updates.

mjc1

Reaction score
I just started using this a couple of days ago. Wow, I never thought that I could get my old Incredible to work like this. Not only is your OS great, but by upgrading to yours my Incredible stopped doing the overnight constant rebooting that plagues so many of these phones since Verizon updated them to Gingerbread. This system works great, I don't have the issue that the one person has with Google Play, but there are some minor issues.
Camera app had issues- downloaded Cymera app from market, it works much better.
Camcorder barely works, but I don't care.
Most setttings ok, downloaded Quick Settings app from playstore, have all settings accessed except for mass storage.
Whenever phone is turned off then turned back on, Yahoo mail account information in settings disappears and I can't work with email in spam folder or delete it. I can reenter the yahoo mail info into the account settings again, and it works fine.
Everything else is just great. So happy to be able to update my phone without updating equipment, because I am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan and I don't want to lose it. Thanks again.
Nothing. This isn't like CM for the incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk HD

kpgel

Reaction score
First and foremost, thanks albinoman for putting this together. At the risk of offending anyone, could somebody please point me to a place where I can find detailed instructions on how to get my Dinc up and running with 4.2? I'm reasonably tech savvy, but have no knowledge of rooting phones, so I'm not sure where to start. Basically looking for step by step instructions starting from stock, if they are available somewhere. Thanks in advance for any assistance you all may provide.