AOSP E-Mail App

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is there a way to get the AOSP E-Mail app onto the new GB leak? I'm rooted and all and have the e-mail .apk from Rubix 2.0.1, but it won't install. Is there a way this can be installed or something? The blur e-mail app sucks so much. It takes forever to get push notifications from my exchange account.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you talking the original stock android email? i have that .apk, but it's the same one that's been on every version of vanilla android to date, that i know of...

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
are you talking the original stock android email? i have that .apk, but it's the same one that's been on every version of vanilla android to date, that i know of...

Can you send it to me or something? I got one out of the Rubix ROM, but it won't install. I'd like to try yours if thats cool. I'm in the IT department and e-mail is the fastest way to get a hold of me, but not if it takes 20 minutes get the e-mail.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
just pm'd you the link

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Thats the one! Many thanks man. Guess I grabbed the wrong one from the Rubix ROM file.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
awesome - glad it worked

hanks_cafe

Reaction score
Sorry to be late to the party, but is it possible that I can get a copy of that as well?

hanks_cafe

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I have a question though, should that work if installed on the Droid X? I installed it and configured my email account, but when I press the menu button to look at folders the app crashes. Nothing I tried worked, so I wasn't sure if it should even work. Any idea?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I have a question though, should that work if installed on the Droid X? I installed it and configured my email account, but when I press the menu button to look at folders the app crashes. Nothing I tried worked, so I wasn't sure if it should even work. Any idea?

hmm... I would think it should work - you might google "stock android email apk" and see if you can find a newer version on xda or something... it should work on just about any phone though - you could always clear data and try reinstalling it as well

hanks_cafe

Reaction score
I did clear the data and tried a reinstall, but those didn't work. I also tried clearing cache and a factory restore but those didn't work either. I am running the GB .595 leak, if that makes a difference. I will try a google search and see if I can find a newer version. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: