Exchange e-mail

JHC

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbe here. Proud new Droid owner for 2 days. I have a lot to learn but one item I am faced with...my firm won't support the Droid for e-mail, only crackberries. Thus, I can't get access to the exchange server to get my company e-mails. Is there an application I can get that will push my Outlook e-mail (from exchange) to my Droid?

JHC

fishepa

Reaction score
There is a application called Touchdown that is a great exchange email app for the Droid. It also supports more security that your IT should allow.

Check it out, it is free for 5 days.

OP
J

JHC

Reaction score
I will check it out again. I thought I needed exchange server information from my company to use but I will check again.

Thanks again.

jnd121

Reaction score
How well is K-9 mail with Exchange? This seems to be popular throughout the forums, but there is not a lot mention of using it with Exchange.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How well is K-9 mail with Exchange? This seems to be popular throughout the forums, but there is not a lot mention of using it with Exchange.

Could not get K9 to work for my mail, My Company does not run activesync.
But Touchdown was able to work with OTW access that I have.

Ronus

Reaction score
I got the regular client to work with exchange just fine.

Caindris

Reaction score
When you say that your company doesn't support the droid that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The droid supports a format which Exchange supports by default. The support for Exchange is the same regardless of what phone you have that has this option, the only difference being what kind of functionality you get from your side of the program - i.e. the Droid default application doesn't support Notes. Notes are still capable of syncing, they're just not in the Droid default UI.

Your company only pushes out e-mail through a BB e-mail server? That seems really weird. If you can access your e-mail from a web page you should have no problem syncing to your phone - unless of course your company is so locked down you have to VPN in just to access e-mail.

I think a better thing to do would be to go back to your IT department, ask them if they have phone ActiveSync open, and what information you need. Phone type doesn't matter so much as ports are ports, the only problem will be if your phone can pick up the data from those ports. Hopefully that helps you with being able to sync your phone.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Your choice of exchange client really depends on what you need. The native one actually works well for basic mail sync. If you want good folder management, calendar and contact sync, the think Touchdown is quite good. The HTC "Work Email" Exchange client is also floating around the forum and works pretty well.
Afraid I cannot comment on K9 as I was not able to get it to connect. All the other went right in.

If touchdown will add POP or IMAP support so I can have a combined inbox like the native app.. that will be the winner in my book.

Caindris

Reaction score
Your choice of exchange client really depends on what you need. The native one actually works well for basic mail sync. If you want good folder management, calendar and contact sync, the think Touchdown is quite good....

It should be noted the Droid by default syncs all your folders, syncs one calendar, and syncs contacts if you want it to. It doesn't support notes or Corp. auto-fill for names.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Your choice of exchange client really depends on what you need. The native one actually works well for basic mail sync. If you want good folder management, calendar and contact sync, the think Touchdown is quite good....

It should be noted the Droid by default syncs all your folders, syncs one calendar, and syncs contacts if you want it to. It doesn't support notes or Corp. auto-fill for names.

But you can get Corporate Directory (on Market, by Motorola) for searching a corporate global address list in Exchange.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

But you can get Corporate Directory (on Market, by Motorola) for searching a corporate global address list in Exchange.

Very good to know, thanks!

billsev8

Reaction score
Does anybody have a problem with their sent folder updating? I deleted Exchange account and set it up again which pulled in all inbox & sent mail for time period selected. But I'm only getting inbox updated, not sent. However, the sent email shows up on my pc.

Caindris

Reaction score
Does anybody have a problem with their sent folder updating? I deleted Exchange account and set it up again which pulled in all inbox & sent mail for time period selected. But I'm only getting inbox updated, not sent. However, the sent email shows up on my pc.

I did notice that when I opened the sent folder it was empty. I left it open for a few minutes and it synced, it does not appear to sync by default