e-mail not syncing

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
For some reason the default e-mail on this phone is no longer sending me notifications, nor is it allowing me to send e-mails. I also have the Gmail app, and that works. When I get a notification however, it's from my Gmail app and when I click on it, it automatically takes me to the default e-mail...which has no new notifications. What would you recommend?

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I haven't tried that but wouldn't it wipe all memory from my Gmail app as well?

NWRULES

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me, but with Gmail. I have 2 Gmail accounts and one just all of a sudden quite syncing for some reason. I went into the settings and went to my accounts and tried to sync everything, but to no avail. Then I just deleted the account that was giving me trouble, and then reinstalled it and it finally started to sync again. Not sure what was up, but un installing and then reinstalling seemed to work for me. Hope that helps man.

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
NWRULES said:
Similar thing happened to me, but with Gmail. I have 2 Gmail accounts and one just all of a sudden quite syncing for some reason. I went into the settings and went to my accounts and tried to sync everything, but to no avail. Then I just deleted the account that was giving me trouble, and then reinstalled it and it finally started to sync again. Not sure what was up, but un installing and then reinstalling seemed to work for me. Hope that helps man.

Thanks! That is exactly what has happened to me! One would sync and the other wouldn't. Sadly, I already rebooted my phone but the next time that happens *fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again* I will be sure to do what you just said. Thanks again, man!