No sound notifications

newriver99

Reaction score
I have had two Razr Maxx phones and both the sound notification have not worked. I have three e-mail accounts and I am notified with the icons but not with the designated sound. I was getting sound notification with my main e-mail but have not lately. Motorola and Verizon could not help. Verizon is sending me my third Razr Maxx. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what was the solution?

Trash Can

Reaction score
I've had this occasionally. Rebooting the phone (power off, then back on) always solved the problem.

Also, double check your notification sound and volume level.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also, make sure you didn't inadvertently delete the notification sounds that were designated for those accounts.

I know what you're thinking but, you just never know.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Safeair1

Reaction score
I have had two Razr Maxx phones and both the sound notification have not worked. I have three e-mail accounts and I am notified with the icons but not with the designated sound. I was getting sound notification with my main e-mail but have not lately. Motorola and Verizon could not help. Verizon is sending me my third Razr Maxx. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what was the solution?[/QUOTE

I have the exact same problem since I replaced my Droid X with the Droid Razr a few weeks ago. My DroidX worked perfectly with e-mail and text notifications but the Raxr will only make a sound for text messages and I've tried everything including rebooting (holding power button and volume down button). The only way I get an email sound is if I manually request e-mail by opening the e-mail application and pressing the round arrows in the upper right hand corner. But what good is that? I don't need a sound when I'm looking at it. I thought of asking for a new phone but you said you are on your 3rd one so it sounds like a waste of time and trouble to do so. Are we the only two with this issue? I've called Motorola which was a waste of time and after 20 minutes on the phone with someone who was hard to understand we were disconnected, I think she hung up as she had no answer. Anyway, I'm going to continue doing research when time permits. Please let me know of the 3rd one works for you...

OP
N

newriver99

Reaction score
I have had two Razr Maxx phones and both the sound notification have not worked. I have three e-mail accounts and I am notified with the icons but not with the designated sound. I was getting sound notification with my main e-mail but have not lately. Motorola and Verizon could not help. Verizon is sending me my third Razr Maxx. Has anyone had this problem? If so, what was the solution?[/QUOTE

I have the exact same problem since I replaced my Droid X with the Droid Razr a few weeks ago. My DroidX worked perfectly with e-mail and text notifications but the Raxr will only make a sound for text messages and I've tried everything including rebooting (holding power button and volume down button). The only way I get an email sound is if I manually request e-mail by opening the e-mail application and pressing the round arrows in the upper right hand corner. But what good is that? I don't need a sound when I'm looking at it. I thought of asking for a new phone but you said you are on your 3rd one so it sounds like a waste of time and trouble to do so. Are we the only two with this issue? I've called Motorola which was a waste of time and after 20 minutes on the phone with someone who was hard to understand we were disconnected, I think she hung up as she had no answer. Anyway, I'm going to continue doing research when time permits. Please let me know of the 3rd one works for you...

I went to a Verizon store and they told me I would have to use the individual e-mail set up. In other words you have to download from Playstore the program for Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. They did that for me and set me up. Since then I have been notified by sound on all of my e-mails from these two accounts. What bothers me is that Verizon tech did not know this work around. Thinking my phone was defective I had to give up my original brand new Razr Maxx phone for a Certified just like new phone because many people in tech support did not know what they were doing. It was easier for them to send a phone out than to solve the problem.
Check into the downloads and I hope this helps.

ngt

Reaction score
I downloaded a few apps and nothing helped. All I was getting was the vibration. I went in to messaging settings and turned off "also vibrate for notifications" and now the sound for notifications work fine. I guess I can't have music and vibrate on at the same time, even though it says "also". Oh well, at least the music is back for texts on my razr maxx....I missed the "BAY LOVE, BAY LOVE, BAY LU-HUV!" :D