AOL & EMail Refresh - Original Droid

KailuaBob

Reaction score
I have 6 email accounts on my Droid and one biz acct gets 25-75 a day. I'll go an entire day w/ none showing on the Droid. I must Shut Down, remove the battery, replace it, and reboot --- then I get a huge email dump from all my accounts to the Droid. It works for awhile, then sometimes the same day or next day I need to remove the battery again.

AOL is set up as a POP3 with the proper pop.aol.com and smtp.aol.com addresses where they belong. (POP3 allows the messages to go to OLD Mail, instead of being deleted on the AOL Server after being viewed when set up as a GMAP account). Also have two yahoo email accts as well - same issue.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like you should download either K-9 or Maildroid. Either is vastly superior to the native email app and I think either would solve your issue.

Another option, which I opted for about 2-3 weeks ago, is to use your Gmail app for all incoming emails. You can go to the Google Gmail service on your pc and setup the pop3 accounts to be polled and pushed to your Gmail app on your phone. The polling frequency is determined by the program based on the pop3 account's activity. More emails, faster polling. One of my pop3 accounts only gets 1-2 emails a day and it seems to be polled at about 5 minute increments. The other gets 75-150 emails a day and it is being polled very frequently (seems like a minute or less). I was using K-9 for my Pop3 accounts prior to this and am currently very happy with the new setup. Also, I think it helping with battery life. :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uninstall task killer.

Make sure background data is on. Put phone in performance mode if it has that option (so data is always available).

Use K9. The stock email stops polling, in addition to sending out random emails, sending out gibberish, and many other bugs.