AOKP question

androidkrazer

Reaction score
I am using AOKP 4.2 build 2. I was wondering if that means I am running JB or alternate version of it or if I have to download JB and flash it over? Also I would like opinions on the 2.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Check - settings about phone and see. The build number 4.2 leads me to believe it is jellybean 4.2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
A

androidkrazer

Reaction score
Check - settings about phone and see. The build number 4.2 leads me to believe it is jellybean 4.2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It says it's Android build 4.2.1 so I believe it is.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What Cliff said. If you see 4.2 then it is a JB ROM.

Alot of the bigname devs/ROMs use the Android version in their names or on the page you download the ROMs from should show 4.2 or whatever version it is you're looking at. So for example, if you tried a 4.0 ROM it would be ICS, but a 4.1 is a JB ROM.

OP
A

androidkrazer

Reaction score
I also have another question about AOKP. I have the option to change boot animation. I have tried over and over using different ones but it never changes from the colorful x that I don't like. How would I go about changing it?

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have to go to system/media and swap out the bootanimation.zip then reboot. Some boot animations are in data/local so you may have to look for it there. Remember to rename any boot animation to just bootanimation.zip

I also have another question about AOKP. I have the option to change boot animation. I have tried over and over using different ones but it never changes from the colorful x that I don't like. How would I go about changing it?