Anyway to switch the lock button?

Reaction score
Hey guys basically what I'm on the lookout for is a way to have my camera button be my lock/unlock button. Pretty much doing exactly what the button on the top of the phone does.

The reason why I want this is because the button on the top of the phone sinks in a lot before the button will actually register anything, making it hard to lock/unlock without pressing it at a specific angle; more of a minor annoyance, but I blame OCD.

So far I've only been able to find a way to wake up the phone with the camera button, but not shut off the screen and lock it.

Thanks for any help! dancedroid

OP
T
Reaction score
ScreenModeWidget has that functionality.

I tried the free version of that app. While it let me unlock the phone with the camera button, it doesn't let me lock with it. Does the paid version allow that?

The same with My Lock. Will unlock but not lock.

Thanks for your replys guys

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
ScreenModeWidget has that functionality.

I tried the free version of that app. While it let me unlock the phone with the camera button, it doesn't let me lock with it. Does the paid version allow that?

The same with My Lock. Will unlock but not lock.

Thanks for your replys guys

No, it doesn't. When the phone is turned on the (reasonable) assumption is that you want to use your camera button to, you know, use your camera.

Here are a couple of workarounds that you may be able to make work.

() Download an app called "Button Shortcut" from the Market. It allows you to reprogram the long press of the camera button to another app. Now your problem is to find an app that will turn off your phone. Can't help you there. But, of course, if you can find such an app you could just put it on your screen....Duh...

() This might work a bit better. Get Screebl and set your timeout to 15 seconds. Then, if you place your phone down on a flat surface it will turn off automatically. Screen Mode Widget (or myLock) can then be used to wake up the phone.