Anything better than look out mobile?

Reaction score
I Okay so I got my Droid x stolen today in school an Lookout mobile helped me get it back. Kinda. I was wondering its thee any security app better than look out mobile. Because look out mobile dosent really pin point where your phone is on the map, it just slaps your phone on a map an say ok its some where near here any app out there that will say ok here is your phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a combination I use and it hasn't failed me yet.

Here it is
Latitude....used in Maps to "locate your friends" or track your phone....you can actually navigate to it from here

Where's my droid....you can send "GPS my droid" and it will send you back Lat and Long, Address, and link to maps.

Wavesecure....I replaced Lookout with this because it seems a lot better. Plus it doesn't allow for uninstall. You can also wipe, lock, and track your phone online.

Plan B....this is last resort. It immediately starts tracking and sending you location of your phone....but it also alerts perp of it's activities. None of the others do.

OP
JayakamrdroidX
Reaction score
Thanks, Im using Look out an norton..but I can't get norton to work..but I will try what you recommended thanks!

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
You can never have too much security.. :) I also use a couple different things. I have lookout, mainly for the loud arse alarm! :) I use SeekDroid, it does pretty much everything wavesecure does. You buy the app and you don't have any other fees. I picked it up for a buck. I have also been keeping an eye on, and am about to tryout, Prey. It's starting to look pretty good. It works for both phone AND laptops! It's open source and free!(There is a paid version, but that's for several devices). You can find out more here: Open source anti-theft solution for Mac, PCs & Phones – Prey

One other note...Don't download PlanB from the market! If you loose your phone, or think it has be stolen, you PUSH it to your phone from the web version of the market.

Edit: SeekDroid does let you send a alarm(weak)... with a personalized message. NerdsLogic mentioned it, so that might be a desirable feature to some..

Last edited: