Mobile Security

PeRfEcTo77

Reaction score
What is the best mobile security app out there? I currently am using Lookout (free version). I've noticed Norton and AVG both have apps for Android as well. I'm thinking about switching because my phone keeps getting advertisements on my notification bar, even with the Lookout mobile app. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

rayr0d

Reaction score
What is the best mobile security app out there? I currently am using Lookout (free version). I've noticed Norton and AVG both have apps for Android as well. I'm thinking about switching because my phone keeps getting advertisements on my notification bar, even with the Lookout mobile app. Any suggestions?

You get pinged with advertisements? - You should checkout the apps you have downloaded as the culprit. Not saying that there is NO WAY random messages or advertisements can notify you without your acknowledgement. But I have yet to get a customer come in with that issue that didn't directly involve a FREE app that they downloaded.

Lookout Mobile seems to be the most reliable of the bunch - I'd stick with that unless you have stronger preferences with the other companies such as Norton and AVG.

At the end its up to you - either way, you won't go wrong with your decision or what you do.

Good luck!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out airpush detector in the market. It will tell you which app is putting ads in the notification bar.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

OP
PeRfEcTo77

PeRfEcTo77

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback. Greatly appreciated!

brian.lookout

Reaction score
adware detectors

For now, Lookout only protects against malware that threatens your phone as opposed to adware. Give this a read: Sneaky Mobile Ads Invade Android Phones | PCWorld since there are other adware companies that place ads in your notification bar (and desktop) as well - and other adware detector apps out there.

Brian Noble
Lookout Mobile Security

OP
PeRfEcTo77

PeRfEcTo77

Reaction score
Thank you Syndicate! I installed Air Push Detector and found the apps causing the adware! THANK YOU!