Anyone worried about the 3 year old GPU, no sd-card slot, lack of removable battery?

wolstonc

Reaction score
My concern is unlocking at night with face unlock. With no or limited light, no front camera flash, and such, just seems like it won't work for me

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Felix 222

Reaction score
You guys are getting pretty crazy with this facial recognition concerns.

Who's going to steal your phone, then point it at you to unlock it?

Also, if you're so worried I have an idea, don't...use...it.
I thought I'd raise a point. Personally, I use no lockscreen whatsoever.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are getting pretty crazy with this facial recognition concerns.

Who's going to steal your phone, then point it at you to unlock it?

Pictures of you don't work, it's not how facial recognition works, as it uses 3 dimensions.

Also, if you're so worried I have an idea, don't...use...it.

Come on Liderc... you know how antsy we get leading up to the release of a phone we all want so bad. It turns into the "What-if" game and hypothetical and people throwing ideas out there. I'm sure that if anyone is uncomfortable with the feature after they get the phone, they won't use it. There is always the chance that someone get's a mask like in the first Mission Impossible movie to pretend to be me so they can log into my facebook from my phone and change my sexual orientation. Those evil mastermind tricksters!!!!!

On another thought about the facial recog... I wonder if you could have multiple authorized users so if you have a significant other that likes to play with your phone all the time you don't have to unlock it every time she goes to use it.

Edit: Since Lid's post as at the end of the page for me, I didn't see OriginalDroid's post.... but yeah, pretty much that.

Last edited:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My concern is unlocking at night with face unlock. With no or limited light, no front camera flash, and such, just seems like it won't work for me

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

My guess is that the light from the screen itself might be enough. You know, like how the first "phone flashlight" apps were actually just a really bright screen and not the flash LED... it's possible.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
But, what if they knock me out with chloroform, then use my face to make a 3 dimensional mold, then occasionally steal my phone and use the 3D mold of my face to unlock my phone.

I can see this happening all the time.

This made me laugh pretty hard

Boot Manager

raistian77

Reaction score
My apologies @raistian77. It really shouldnt bug people about older hardware because its time for the software to make a push before the hardware has to catch up again. but like you said, its a CELL PHONE first.

@Doh4Eev2tae I think the storage is a non issue because cloud storage is becoming better day by day. Just 2 days ago I mapped SkyDrive as a local network drive to appear in 'My Computer' as a HD. I can now store files for school and save them just like any other file only it is uploaded to my space on the internet. The only reason I am not preaching this religiously is that yes, it is JUST fast enough for .pdf, .docx. .excel. The point I wanna make is that cloud storage will be awesome in 2 years with 4g speed and the non removable mem is a non issue because of that. Sure I have had to pull my SD, load it in someone else's phone, put a .zip on my SD though their phone, transfer my SD back to MY phone just to get my phone going and out of a bootloop. but that really wasnt necessary. Cloud storage will make local memory obsolete soon.

Is ok.

My point was they are all great phones. Some work better than others, but most work pretty close to the same.

You are right though, right now the limiter is the software not so much the hardware

meishkov

Reaction score
But, what if they knock me out with chloroform, then use my face to make a 3 dimensional mold, then occasionally steal my phone and use the 3D mold of my face to unlock my phone.

I can see this happening all the time.

Haha, I'd have to agree with you. It's a sick world out there.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums