Anyone worried about the 3 year old GPU, no sd-card slot, lack of removable battery?

raistian77

Reaction score
There is alot to like about a ton of phones out there.

Droid X and X2 where good phones in my opinion and I liked both, reviewers told us they were trash
my Droid 2 was a good phone, reviewers said it was trash
my Droid Bionic is a great phone, almost perfect with the new updates applied, reviewers say its worse than trash and users are retarded for buying it
the Razr has not been released yet and reviewers have already deemed it a colossal failure

They are putting everything and I mean everything on the Nexus, and I have a bad feeling it wont be able to live up to the Cray Supercomputer expectations they are dumping on it. Complaints are already showing up about the age of the internal hardware.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
the minority with problems on their phones are usually the vocal ones, so you always hear the bad things and not that often the good things. such is the human nature.

raistian77

Reaction score
the minority with problems on their phones are usually the vocal ones, so you always hear the bad things and not that often the good things. such is the human nature.

Very very true, it just tends to make you cynical when you buy a phone and everything about it on the net and tech podcasts is how its such a huge failure and you should have waited for X phone instead.

Like I said I love my Bionic it is a great phone and I don't regret buying it. I am even looking at the Lapdock 100 to go with it. I tried the Bionic's Lapdock but the phone was not ready yet, 5.7.893 makes some real good changes to the webdock program. The lapdock 100 is going for 199.00 which might be acceptable for me where the 300.00 price point was just too high.

idefiler6

Reaction score
I was hyped about this phone. Now I'm a lil discouraged about the GPU....OG droid it is.

If that's the case I would suggest you stick with the OG indefinitely, you seem the type that's never going to be happy with what's coming out and always waiting for what's on the horizon. That's fine though, to each his own.

alucard9114

Reaction score

I agree i always posted about the Bionics many fails and not the few good things about it When it wasnt freezing and needing a battery pull it was pretty fast also insane call quality.:blink:

raistian77

Reaction score
I agree i always posted about the Bionics many fails and not the few good things about it When it wasnt freezing and needing a battery pull it was pretty fast also insane call quality.:blink:

Its kinda sad. The Bionic was hyped so much it was a super disappointment when we found the software was just not ready yet. I have to say with the new update I finally feel its darn close to perfect. Last night I ran a benchmark on mine and it falls just under the Razr and Galaxy Nexus.

If we could figure out how to get the processor to run at its true speed 1.2 Ghz than it would be neck and neck with the Razr. Not sure why Moto underclocked the chip.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its kinda sad. The Bionic was hyped so much it was a super disappointment when we found the software was just not ready yet. I have to say with the new update I finally feel its darn close to perfect. Last night I ran a benchmark on mine and it falls just under the Razr and Galaxy Nexus.

If we could figure out how to get the processor to run at its true speed 1.2 Ghz than it would be neck and neck with the Razr. Not sure why Moto underclocked the chip.
Whoa the Bionic is not a bad phone. It's definitely not a disappointment. I could see myself with it for two years. The software has bugs like any phone does. You just need to give Moto time to fix them. The Bionic just came out in September. Benchmarks don't mean anything anymore. Dual core and any type of HD screen screw with benchmarks. And Moto didn't underclock the processor on the Bionic, they actually overclocked the 4430 on the RAZR because if you go look at TI's specs and website, you'll find that they clock the OMAP 4430 at a MAXIMUM of 1GHz. I have a feeling two different development groups were working on the Bionic and the RAZR with only the software being the common grounds.

Remember that leak of the moto site way back in spring (I think?). We knew about all the phones (in their rendered development stage) and that they would look like (in general) and we had a general idea of when they would be released. Because the Olympus got scrapped for the Targa, I believe Moto had the had originally had devs and engineers go from the Olympus to going from scratch on the Targa instead of just focusing on the RAZR. but that's my theory. My point is that these are two different phones developed at two different times probably by two different teams. The Bionic and RAZR are in the same market but appeal to a slightly different set of people.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
The battery is removable but the is no removable battery

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Reaction score
There is alot to like about a ton of phones out there.

Droid X and X2 where good phones in my opinion and I liked both, reviewers told us they were trash
my Droid 2 was a good phone, reviewers said it was trash
my Droid Bionic is a great phone, almost perfect with the new updates applied, reviewers say its worse than trash and users are retarded for buying it
the Razr has not been released yet and reviewers have already deemed it a colossal failure

They are putting everything and I mean everything on the Nexus, and I have a bad feeling it wont be able to live up to the Cray Supercomputer expectations they are dumping on it. Complaints are already showing up about the age of the internal hardware.

Everyone complains, including you.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Nobody is complaining about hardware except people who wanna use their phone as a playstation 3.

I don't care if there's two monkeys banging on the gpu of this device. If it runs well and smoothly i'm buying it. From the tests I've seen on YouTube it runs smoother than the s2 and that thing has been compared to the iPhone for "feel"...so i'm guessing the nexus won't be bad.

This nexus should be great considering ics was made for dual core devices also.