Anyone worried about the 3 year old GPU, no sd-card slot, lack of removable battery?

Doh4Eev2tae

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm pretty sure you're off base with the GPU and Non-removable battery. The sd card though, is a definite possibility. Not necessarily a bad thing though since internal storage provides faster read/write capabilities anyway.
huang2.jpg

huang3.jpg

Reaction score
Nobody is complaining about hardware except people who wanna use their phone as a playstation 3.

I don't care if there's two monkeys banging on the gpu of this device. If it runs well and smoothly i'm buying it. From the tests I've seen on YouTube it runs smoother than the s2 and that thing has been compared to the iPhone for "feel"...so i'm guessing the nexus won't be bad.

This nexus should be great considering ics was made for dual core devices also.

My apologies @raistian77. It really shouldnt bug people about older hardware because its time for the software to make a push before the hardware has to catch up again. but like you said, its a CELL PHONE first.

@Doh4Eev2tae I think the storage is a non issue because cloud storage is becoming better day by day. Just 2 days ago I mapped SkyDrive as a local network drive to appear in 'My Computer' as a HD. I can now store files for school and save them just like any other file only it is uploaded to my space on the internet. The only reason I am not preaching this religiously is that yes, it is JUST fast enough for .pdf, .docx. .excel. The point I wanna make is that cloud storage will be awesome in 2 years with 4g speed and the non removable mem is a non issue because of that. Sure I have had to pull my SD, load it in someone else's phone, put a .zip on my SD though their phone, transfer my SD back to MY phone just to get my phone going and out of a bootloop. but that really wasnt necessary. Cloud storage will make local memory obsolete soon.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
What if your phone freezes? On our OG's, we do a battery pull..... Uh.

You'll be able to do a reset like on a tablet. Power button + volume button or something similar.

If you're worried, skip it and get the Nexus. Problem solved.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

natezire71

Reaction score
You'll be able to do a reset like on a tablet. Power button + volume button or something similar.

If you're worried, skip it and get the Nexus. Problem solved.

Of course I'm gonna get the Nexus. I don't understand what you said though. :eek:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course I'm gonna get the Nexus. I don't understand what you said though. :eek:

Simulating a battery pull on the Razr will most likely be like how it's done on an Android tablet. Either hold the power button for 5 seconds or hold the power button + the volume key up or down. This forces a reboot on a tablet. Understand?

natezire71

Reaction score
Yeah, I got that. I meant when you said: "If you're worried about this, skip it and get a Nexus."

Felix 222

Reaction score
does anyone think the facial recognition unlock feature could be fooled by an image of the owner?

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes I am, and yes I do

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

stragabenz

Reaction score
does anyone think the facial recognition unlock feature could be fooled by an image of the owner?

No, the way biometrics(facial recognition) works is it measures depth, angles, facial features, etc almost like a 3D image of yourself. A picture is flat and contains no dimensions, I don't know how advanced their technology is but I can assure you this is the way facial recognition works and it would be almost impossible for a picture to work.

Creed

Reaction score
While the likelihood of anyone doing this is minuscule, I could see someone having their phone stolen from them and just having the prankster point it at them to unlock them.
Or far more likely for me, my son would take it and point it at me to unlock it. I will definitely use it but it is not really secure.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are getting pretty crazy with this facial recognition concerns.

Who's going to steal your phone, then point it at you to unlock it?

Pictures of you don't work, it's not how facial recognition works, as it uses 3 dimensions.

Also, if you're so worried I have an idea, don't...use...it.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
You guys are getting pretty crazy with this facial recognition concerns.

Who's going to steal your phone, then point it at you to unlock it?

Pictures of you don't work, it's not how facial recognition works, as it uses 3 dimensions.

Also, if you're so worried I have an idea, don't...use...it.

But, what if they knock me out with chloroform, then use my face to make a 3 dimensional mold, then occasionally steal my phone and use the 3D mold of my face to unlock my phone.

I can see this happening all the time.