Anyone using Screen Protectors on their Note 8?

bentrm

Reaction score
Drag with pen but no big deal.

Was most interested in how the protector worked with my UAG case. It dint. The edges came loose. I took a

bentrm

Reaction score
Razor blade and cut the corners like a surgeon. Actually I hacked at them in the dimly lit basement of my mother's home which is my abode. The IQ Shield settled down and has been wonderful for 2 entire days.

I like the IQ shied I suppose. I'd prefer a perfect tempered glass protector for like $3.00 but that doesn't exist yet. Dagnabit! Till then, IQ is it brah.

jhom

Reaction score
I have a Whitestone Dome. IMO, it is the best screen protector for the Note 8 bar none. It is expensive and has a unique install procedure. If installed correctly, it is perfect. You don't notice it is there. It is clear and the Note 8 is as responsive as if it was naked. The S Pen glides across it. I have it coupled with a Spigen Neo Hybrid. It is a killer combination.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
did a quick google search and found it on amazon. you are right, it is very expensive. more that what you pay at the service providers and those are expensive too.

jhom

Reaction score
Got a link to that?

True, it is expensive. But after you spend your money and find out that other types of SP just don't work, the cost of the Dome is not that expensive. Besides, you probably spent close to $1000 for the Note 8 and $45 is not that much to protect it and use it as intended.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
True, it is expensive. But after you spend your money and find out that other types of SP just don't work, the cost of the Dome is not that expensive. Besides, you probably spent close to $1000 for the Note 8 and $45 is not that much to protect it and use it as intended.

that is the thing about screen protectors, you really don't know if they are going to work these days because of the edge. you are right, 45 is not that much...if it works.

bentrm

Reaction score
So this morning I wanted to show off the IQ Shield's healing properties and brandished the s pen. I scribbled a huge "S" like a confident boss. Long story short, the s is still there. Liking the IQ Shield less day by day. Starting to wonder if these protectors are even necessary.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
So this morning I wanted to show off the IQ Shield's healing properties and brandished the s pen. I scribbled a huge "S" like a confident boss. Long story short, the s is still there. Liking the IQ Shield less day by day. Starting to wonder if these protectors are even necessary.

don't you hate that? like whenever I want to show off alexa, it always decides it don't want to work. Hopefully it will eventually heal itself as they claim.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
i bought the IQShield for my Note8. Im not sure how hard you are using the S-Pen when you press but i was just using it and have no Noticeable Marks from the S-Pen when writing Live Messages and i installed it about 2 hours ago so its not even fully cured according to the instructions. That is the one thing ive noticed is that the S-Pen is extremely responsive even with very little pressure. I can see where i had lines from S-Pen from Skin Oils and when i wipe it down there are No Impressions at all.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I just got the IQ Shield protectors in today an I am hoping they will work with my Otterbox Defender case. So far every glass protector had lifted in the center using this case.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I just got the IQ Shield protectors in today an I am hoping they will work with my Otterbox Defender case. So far every glass protector had lifted in the center using this case.

They work with my case which is similar to the Defender. I have the Cased Friendly one which i bought by mistake but works well.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I installed my IQ Shield protector but I am not liking it. There are what looks like bubbles under the protector that never dried. They are not dust or dirt either. Also this protector is a finger print magnet. Looks like I will still be on the search for a glass protector that will work with the Otterbox Defender.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have to say that mine was one of my best installs i have no bubbles or peel and its does show the oils from Fingerprints but no different from my Note5 or Z Force Zagg Glass so nothing a Little wipe doesnt fix for me. Still find it worth the money. If a Glass did work well it would be different. i dont want to have to get one i have to Cure on and all that work.