Anyone Suggest a Good Video Player App

pennypritty1

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of uninstalling/installing/uninstalling/installing Cinema app to play my videos on my droid. But it's the ONLY app that plays my videos correctly... that is until it either freezes or force closes. I've since emailed the developer but never received a response (that was over a month ago, so that tells me right there to not hold my breath...)

I'd even purchased Act 1 Video Player, but the audio/video loses cohesion and the audio ends up playing way behind video--like a really bad Japanese movie and all of the others are either so low in rating they're not worth trying or they are for games, or they play like a really bad Japanese movie with audio/video cohesion issues.

Anybody recommend a good video player app? I'd greatly appreciate it. Meanwhile, excuse me, but I have to get back to uninstalling/re-installing the Cinema app. *sigh*

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the same issues with Act 1, among others, so I emailed the developer but we'll see.

Have you tried Meridian? I've seen that recommended.

Also, while it's definitely lacking in features I've found the stock video player usually does a better job than Act 1.

Also, how are you ripping your videos / what format/quality? Is there a chance that's a problem?

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I noticed my Act 1 doing the same the other day <bad Japanese movie> so I opened my adv. task killer & was shocked to see way too many apps running!! You may want to kill some apps next time while running your movie player because that fixed the problem for me.