Anyone seeing the .604 OTA update yet?

vpogv

Reaction score
I called Verizon today and they offered me a new phone, but we agreed on just a new battery. I have had literally 2 calls today, 0 texts and 3 minutes of tic-tac-toe and 7hrs after unplugging the charger I am at 31%. I am doubtful the battery will resolve it as I have changed nothing with the phone since the update.

dangerous

Reaction score
My battery drained from 100% down to power off in less than 3 hrs with basically just PUSH email on . had poor reception. what really sux is you can't turn off the phone and leave WIFI on only.

vpogv

Reaction score
Keep calling Verizon if you have the crappy battery life now. More they hear about it the better chances they will find the issue.

czm2000

Reaction score
My battery drained from 100% down to power off in less than 3 hrs with basically just PUSH email on . had poor reception. what really sux is you can't turn off the phone and leave WIFI on only.

You don't have to turn of the phones 3G radio when using WiFi to get the best battery life. All you need to do is just have WiFi on and be connected with in. My X automatically favors the WiFi and doesn't use the Verizon data plan. It even cuts the antenna down to 1 since its not using it (unless the phone rings, then it shoots back up). Once i turn WiFi off, the 3G antenna signal goes back up to full strength.

Sent from my DROIDX

Bdow24

Reaction score
I got the .604 system update a few days ago. Battery life is markedly improved. No real difference in performance.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I think I have figured out the bluetooth part of the update. Its awsome, when on cardock and using Pandora threw bluetooth audio my remote (that controls kenwood deck) will change the songs on pandora. Its grate I dont even have to touch the phone.

penman711

Reaction score
Updater Not Available

Not sure if you ever solved this but... I read in another forum(because I was having same issue) toggle the settting to only update social applications on wi-fi. After I did this it worked fine.

I still have not received any notice of update, and I when I check over wifi it just stays on "checking for available update" and does nothing.

When checking for update on 3g it says "Check for update was not available at this time Try again later."

Been doing this for over a week.