Anyone overclocked with the new ics leak?

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
That is correct. The ones with 4 slots can overclock to 1200 stable and some can make it to 1225 or 1250. I'm stable to 1225. On 5 slots you can overclock to 1300 stable and some can run at 1400 stable, but not all.

BigggJack

Reaction score
For me it looks like if I try to go over 1300 my Quadrant drops. I was hoping to be able to OC to 1400

Using Tweakerz and as far as I have been able to tell I have to reset to 1300 and reapply it on every boot, for the little bit of ego stroke and performance I probably am not gonna bother anymore. At 1200 I am getting a quadrant score in the 3200 area and that its plenty for my daily usage.

Sent from my iced, rooted & deodexed .247 Bionic

maaybraak

Reaction score
mjs27541 said:
[KERNEL][GSM/CDMA][ICS] Extra modules pack v0.1.3 (feat. overclock module) | Tweakerz - xda-developers

If anyone is still looking for a way to OC the ICS leaks give this a shot. Just flash the 2 zip files and follow the instructions for running scripts. I ran them through ROM Toolbox and am OC'd to 1.35 ghz. Stable and fast.

Just downloaded zips and I'm gonna give it another shot. Tried before w/different method and had no luck.

Sent from my Jelly Beaned-Up ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

BigggJack

Reaction score
maaybraak said:
Just downloaded zips and I'm gonna give it another shot. Tried before w/different method and had no luck.

Sent from my Jelly Beaned-Up ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

The xda method worked smoothly for me.

On a side note after letting .247 set up for a few days, I have seen much better stability with the over clocking then I did when I initially installed it.

View attachment 56954

View attachment 56955

Sent from my iced, rooted & deodexed .247 Bionic

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
joehump22 said:
Yea i checked everywhere and 1ghz is the max. I guess thats going to be good enough. Thanks for all the replies!

I'm running .247 rom toolbox has my system clocked at 1.2 ghz...benchmark confirms it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no stress test to determine if it will be overclocked to 1.2 or stay at 1.0 Some processors have 4 slots and others have 5 slots. If you have 5 slots, then you will be at 1.2.
Yeah, the stress test theory is kind of old now, it seems like some Bionics were simply built with the same CPU revision as the RAZRs. Some were even built with OMAP4460's, like the GNex. Sarge has his 4460 Bionic running in excess of 2GHz. THOSE have 7 slots.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
For me it looks like if I try to go over 1300 my Quadrant drops. I was hoping to be able to OC to 1400
That means your processor is throttling, probably getting a bit too warm over 1.3GHz - mine is even worse, it hardlocks or reboots >1.3GHz - more than happy with the 1.2GHz though, installing ICS on my phone was akin to replacing it with a RAZR, CPU-wise. But in a form factor that I prefer.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
That means your processor is throttling, probably getting a bit too warm over 1.3GHz - mine is even worse, it hardlocks or reboots >1.3GHz - more than happy with the 1.2GHz though, installing ICS on my phone was akin to replacing it with a RAZR, CPU-wise. But in a form factor that I prefer.

Well said!

Nezdude87

Reaction score
I tried flashing the method on XDA and neither .zip file would flash in recovery. I'm on the stock 246 build (didn't do it OTA but from my understanding it's the same thing....hopefully), and I'm stuck at 1.0ghz. When I tried flashing those two files in recovery, it said it couldn't verify them, or something like that, and it failed. I'm a semi-noob (good at following directions!), and I'm really wanting to overclock to 1.2 at least. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
I'll bet you tried to flash them in stock recovery. You have to use a custom recovery like clockworkmod recovery to flash files that aren't motorola signed. Flashing in recovery is not required to get the modules in or to overclock. If you do it manually with root explorer you'll learn some stuff in the process. Pm me and I'll help you later tonight. Mine currently is slightly undervolted and has the slots set at 333,666,933&1233. BTW I was stuck at 1000 as well.

Last edited:

Nezdude87

Reaction score
I'll bet you tried to flash them in stock recovery. You have to use a custom recovery like clockworkmod recovery to flash files that aren't motorola signed. Flashing in recovery is not required to get the modules in or to overclock. If you do it manually with root explorer you'll learn some stuff in the process. Pm me and I'll help you later tonight. Mine currently is slightly undervolted and has the slots set at 333,666,933&1233. BTW I was stuck at 1000 as well.

yeah, i tried that, haha. i was thinking that could be the issue, but i wasn't sure. i always used safestrap until a few days ago (when i finally took the plunge to install an ics leak). i just installed 246 this morning and haven't done anything but root it.