Anyone overclocked with the new ics leak?

maaybraak

Reaction score
The leaks themselves didn't over clock my Bionic, but I installed the kexec (I think hashcode and dhacker are responsible for that...all hail them!) file and flashed the ToRmEnTeD JB alpha and it overclocked me to 1.1! I got some pretty kick-butt antutu and quadrant scores out of it, and everything runs really quickly and super smooth. The only drawback for now is no data. U can call out, WiFi works just fine, and all my apps are rockin'! But, there's no 3g/4g.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Check out tweakerz oc. I'm oc at 1.4 ghz and score over 7000 on antutu and 3506 on quadrant.

dags5000

Reaction score
Running at1.2 isnt "lucky" to me. The speed increase vs battery life decreasing is not worth it to me. Phone runs as fast as i need it at stock without lessened battery and slightly worse stability. Overclocking, until battery tech is significantly better, is more of an ego thing than a practical one

maaybraak

Reaction score
dags5000 said:
Running at1.2 isnt "lucky" to me. The speed increase vs battery life decreasing is not worth it to me. Phone runs as fast as i need it at stock without lessened battery and slightly worse stability. Overclocking, until battery tech is significantly better, is more of an ego thing than a practical one

I'm perfectly happy with the .1 increase! lol. My phone is stable, and I guess it appealed to me because when everyone first started talking about the ICS leaks oc'ing their phones I had one of the phones that didn't pass the stress test and was left at 1.0. I'm toggling between the .238 build and the ToRmEnTeD ROM w/Safestrap v2.11, depending on my mood...hehe

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
You guys should be careful when overclocking to 1.2 and above. The Bionic uses the same processor as the RAZR but the RAZR processors were selected and certified to run at 1.2. Some batches of Bionic processors can run safely at 1.2 and above but not all.

bhp117

Reaction score
I'm stable @ 1.3 and another guy is stable @ 1.4 also few other are stable @ 1.33

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
dags5000 said:

All you need to do is root and install rom toolbox free then go to "performance" in rtb and set the cpu sliders to 1000mhz max with the "on demand" governor

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
My Bionic was rated at 1.2ghz after flashing ICS. I knocked it down to 1.0 to grab some battery savings but after two cycles under both cpu settings, i found no noticeable difference so left it at 1.2.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
There is no stress test to determine if it will be overclocked to 1.2 or stay at 1.0 Some processors have 4 slots and others have 5 slots. If you have 5 slots, then you will be at 1.2.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Both mine and my wives Bionics got the 1.2ghz bump after ICS, guess we are rocking 5 slots then!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums